What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dunno what to get

Ok, I want sudgestions on Nepenthes And as many as you can give!! I really can only take 2 right now... MAYBE 3...

Its one of those cause I know I want to get Nepenthes ramispina

But what one of these?
Nepenthes sibuyanensis
Nepenthes maxima
Nepenthes Fusca
Nepenthes spectabillis

smile_h_32.gif
I dont know what to get! I DONT KNOW! HELP ME!

I just ordered a fusca. But maxima is also easy. I like the darker colors so I picked fusca. Maybe I'll order a maxima later.

I was planning on putting a fresh N. sibuyanensis basal cutting up for auction. Both basals are pitchering. The basal offered should be up in the NASC auction today. So get one there! It's a very nice plant with impressive pitchers when grown out!

N. Spectabilis! its a beautiful plant! N. Sib is just to slow growing for me and ive heard its pretty picky. I think i know where you are ordering these and i was thinking about ordering from the same place...tell me how good they are at speed and shipping when u get ur order!
thanks and good luck!
alex

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ June 10 2006,3:15)]how fresh? Is it rooted?
It's still attatched to the main plant right now. Unless otherwise requested, I'd be cut from the mother plant the same day as shipment. Don't know if I'd have time to root it myself between now and the end of the auction.

Edited Addition: These basals have been developing for a good long while, so they're pretty well established so should be easy to root (if they don't have their own roots already) and should be pretty strong.

If you don't have maxima, get one of the darker clones. You will not be disappointed in this easy, large, fast-growing plant.
P1000773.jpg

Ramispina is nice and easy, but once the thrill of seeing the black pitchers is gone, (maybe 2-3 years), it is a rather ordinary plant.
P1000855.jpg

Edit: better picture.

Spectabilis is spectacular! I've only had my plant for less than a year, and always wondered what all the fuss was about. One of the best parents and quite nice on its own. I'n not sure if they are all red like this since most people just show the pitcher.
P1000857.jpg

Fusca is nice but not as easy and not as big. The flared peristome version rocks!
P1000736.jpg

Sib requires some patience.

Maxima and spectabilis would be at the top of my list.

cool photos!

Uhhg I want them all!
Sorry But I dont have any experience in Taking cuttings, as much as i love the cause, I kinda wanna get a plant out of it.

I just need to have Money left over for the,Extra space I need new lighting new timers, new chords, and a new table (even if its a cheepy one)

Im getting

Nepenthes sibuyanensis
Nepenthes muluensis x lowii
Nepenthes gymnamphora

I hope to get lots of color out of my plants.
Thanks for the help... Any Pointers on these Neps? Or things I should watch out for?

Sib can be finicky. It won't pitcher for a while until it decides its happy. I hope you have a nice humid place with good air flow to grow it.

muluensis x lowii is awesome! A better choice than ramispina IMO. Very easy to grow. Give it lots of light.
P1000524.jpg

No experience with gymnamphora, but I have seen some really nice clones out there.

I think I ment N. gymnamphora not a N. sib's...

That's a nice photo of N. muluensis x lowii Steve!
smile.gif

ok I orderd a

Nepenthes macfarlanei
Nepenthes gymnamphora
Nepenthes muluensis

smile_l_32.gif

Cheers

Thanks Rob! Its hard to capture the color, but I'm sure you know what it looks like. How would I describe it, hmmm, lets see....Black!

I see it more as a speckled brown and red... than a black but preaty close!

lol

oh boy! good luck with the N. Macfar! its also pretty picky when it comes to pitchering. but pitchers are absolutly BEAUTIFUL!!
good luck
alex

great! lol.. oh well I need a chalange im starting to get bored...

Cheers

youll be fine...once it get going it doesnt stop lol
alex

All of them
5afb7959.jpg

Nepenthes macfarlanei
b1ab9be9.jpg

Nepenthes gymnamphora
6cca6761.jpg

Nepenthes muluensis x lowii
768d69cd.jpg

THEY ARRIVED HAPPY AND HelTHy1