Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: News on my CP Book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (0zzy @ June 13 2006,7:22)]I can't wait to read your book, or as I'm sure somebody here will point out, look at the pictures.
    honestly Ozzy i wouldnt have said anything
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Folks,

Just finished another round of edits on my book. But now another set of corrections have to be made because of some overly-independent editorial fiddlings...

So instead of a 42 page set of corrections, the editors have a 7 page set of re-corrections from me.

Ah, the world of publishing....
    Carnivorous Plant Newsletter
    Co-editor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last weekend Barry showed me the page proofs of his book. It is going to be a stunner! Although, I would hate to be in the shoes of the hapless apprentice editor that had the temerity to change genus names to lower case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha, too rich...no citations and all the binomials reduced to bogusity. The editor in Dr. Rice must be howling at the moon.

I look forward to reading it provided the MD's leave me with a few Hamiltons.

SO, what's it all about? Jon's sex life, forbidden experiments on human beings, the speed and spice of the academic life?
    Inquiring minds want to know!

WIll you autograph a copy for me? It would sit well next to my inscribed copy of Don's book that PAK got for me!

Congratulations Barry, and I hope they spare you on the Listserve.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Folks,

Herr Dr. Bob Z is understating the situation. The proofreader went through the book and changed numerous occurrences of Sarracenia to sarracenias, Dionaea to dionaeas, Genlisea to genliseas, etc etc. Imagine my horror at seeing a sentence like, "Highland nepenthes respond well to the same conditions that support heliamphoras and some epiphytic utricularias." I was howling, actually howling out loud, as I circled correction after correction. It was horrible.

However, having explained my anguish to the publisher, and then having sent another nine pages of corrections, the damage has been undone (I think).

Today I sent off another long document providing corrections to the index.

At this point, I am done. The book is out of "layout", and has entered "production." I cannot change anything anymore. It is done. Written in stone. Sigh. I need a drink to forget this experience. Some kind of nepenthe.1

1Note to editor: please keep the occurrence of the preceding word in non-italic typeface. The reference is to a drug, not the plant genus. Thanks.

See? I can't stop thinking about edits!!!!!
    Barry
    Co-editor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ July 06 2006,3:52)]WIll you autograph a copy for me? It would sit well next to my inscribed copy of Don's book that PAK got for me!

Congratulations Barry, and I hope they spare you on the Listserve.
    Of course. I think kindly of you every time I look at my Utricularia uniflora--long lost to me, then returned to my collection because of your well-known generosity!

Barry
    Co-editor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barry, the day you get your soil bases right is when I will read your book!!!! Otherwise, like Savage Garden, well, the pics are nice.
    (LOLOL!!!!!)
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they just cant handle it how you want it handled. youre just a dim witted writer!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast