What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

just shoot me now........................

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
freaking air pressure............i can feel it dropping..............feels like someone is routing around in my knee joints with a freaking screwdriver......................have a couple hours before i can go home and take good drugs, just has to be a tuesday, paper night.................1200mg ibuprofin i took an hour ago isnt doing anything....................this freaking sucks, i better not live to see 50, dont think i can handle it
smile_n_32.gif

Hah, I know what thats like. Just look forward to getting some real drugs.

That's terrible, but at least you're willing to see 30 & 40. Will your insurance cover new knees?

not till April 1 of 2007, hey have a 1 year rider....................."good news" is i slipped on the ice at work this winter and seem to have a lingering injury unrelated to the original problem, fun. have a follow up on that Thursday afternoon will see what happens, workmans comp should cover it......................

as far as seeing 30, if this low pressure sysem is as bad as they are saying i may re consider the 50 statement. just having the leading edge hit now, will be full force tomorrow afternoon, severe damaging winds and large hail predicted. just cause i planted my freaking cucumbers last night its going to hail.........................

dude... i just looked at your profile. you're only 24
confused.gif
?

man i feel old. and blessed that i'm not having your problem.

hope you feel better

yep 24, married with 2 kids though i have no biological claim to them, thank god
smile_n_32.gif
.......also should be the co-owner of 2 newspapers(maybe more
smile_m_32.gif
) in another few years

been dealing with bad knees since i was 13 or so...............just felt like griping as they are particularly bad today
smile_n_32.gif

Wow, I'm 23 and I can't begin to imagine life with kids.
confused.gif

It's like my life would be put on hold, and I would be broke.

My dad had a bad knee with a high school ACL surgery and had trouble until he got into long distance bike riding in his 40s.  The problem went away and stayed away long after he stopped riding.  His Dr. said strengthening the muscles around the knee took a lot of stress off the joint.  But that might only help someone whose ligaments were tangled up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It's like my life would be put on hold, and I would be broke.

HA! You have no idea....

Hey Rattler, about the knees....Are you heavy? That sounds bad, I know, sorry, but if you are, loosing weight should greatly reduce the stress on them. If you're not, well, I hear they do great things with plastic joints these days....

not terribly heavy, im 6'1" and about 205 not stocky but not built rail thin either. i am in the process of loosing weight, actually the stairs in the new house are helping me greatly cause most of my plants are in the basement and the wife said the soils had to stay in the garage, add that to the fact im half way forgetfull and leave needed stuff at one place when i need it in the other and im going up and down the stairs quite a bit, cheaper than any exercize equipment.

Bruce, actually the muscles in my leg have always been strong and well developed, i was walking all over town with my dad as soon as i was able since my parents only had one car, the fact that most of the time on weekends and through the summer i was kicked out to my grandparents farm where i was allowed to roam where ever i felt like it helped greatly, it was a 5 mile juant to the badlands(8 if yah followed the creek). my thigh muscle is developed well enough to cause problems with getting knee braces to fit properly and not slide down. my problem is bad cartilage do to genetic problems, a couple of my uncles and cousins on my moms side have the same problem and one of my sisters does.

You're right - that's a completely different problem.  There's a fairly new artificial knee out that's expected to have a much lonnger lifespan and you can let other guinea pigs . . . oops . . . I mean patients test drive them before you have to choose between them and more traditional models.

Back