Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water Fuel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, there is another way. Pure sodium is a metal that reacts violently when put in contact with water. The reaction is caused by the sodium breaking the water molecule down into the 2 hydrogen and 1 oxygen atoms. The trick would be how to control the reaction and harness the energy.
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (CNCreefer @ June 17 2006,12:53)]You know, there is another way. Pure sodium is a metal that reacts violently when put in contact with water. The reaction is caused by the sodium breaking the water molecule down into the 2 hydrogen and 1 oxygen atoms. The trick would be how to control the reaction and harness the energy.
    The trick would be to find sodium somewhere in nature that hasn't already reacted to form Na+ salts.

Sodium metal used in chemistry labs comes from the energy-intensive electrolysis of salt, so again you aren't getting free energy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the sodium + water reaction is Na + H2O = Na + OH + 1/2 H2, with no free oxygen being released. The Na and OH on the right hand side, by the way, are + and -, respectively. Getting back to the HHO thing, I'll paraphrase the 2nd law of thermodynamics and say there's no such thing as a free lunch.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12