Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Whats your favorite band?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the Rolling Stones had broken up in 71-72, maybe they'd be my all-time favorite. But I can't overlook how badly they've sucked for 30+ years. Which is to say the entire time I've known of them. The Beatles were consistently great, but they never came close to anything like Sympathy for the Devil or Midnight Rambler. Of course no Beatles song was ever as bad as Start Me Up. I gues they just had the good fortune to break up before the rot set in. As for music too young for the AARP, I can like just about anything with feedback and that soft/hard dynamic thing.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pink floyd was great but they have this tendency to get all wierd in the middle of their songs...
    Mens Et Manus

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (7santiago @ June 16 2006,11:01)]pink floyd was great but they have this tendency to get all wierd in the middle of their songs...
    When I was in college and "The Wall" was released, someone commented that you had to be high in order to appreciate Pink Floyd. Personally, I found their material to be slow and boring.

Then there was that Wizard of Oz thing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't like The Wall until I saw the movie and then was obsessed with it for a while. I liked the Interstellar Overdrive style of Pink Floyd better.

By the way, I just got a used copy of Pearl Jam's Rearview Mirror today to get 'I Got Id'. I think it might be the best song of the last 20 or more years and I wasn't happy about having to buy a single or a greatest hits collection to get it. But I hadn't heard it on the radio in a long, long time.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is Jim, IM sure you dont go and get high just to listen to a song and get intouch with the artists now do you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Queen alot as well. I also really enjoy the Beatles, and Supertramp. In terms of more modern stuff I like The Arctic Monkeys, Brand New, and the Tragically Hip (Who I'm seeing in concert tomorrow night).

Zac
    "You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public" -Scott Adams-

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ June 17 2006,11:27)]That is Jim, IM sure you dont go and get high just to listen to a song and get intouch with the artists now do you!
    Nope, not my "cup of tea". Would much rather listen to Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, Steve Miller (not Millar) Band during those years. There was melodic energy in their music!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ..............you mean, other than MY band?

Grateful Dead

Incredible gifted mind merged inspiration. The 30 year old party on wheels! The records never captured what happened sometimes, not always, at the shows. I remember Watkin's Glen, NY 1977. The show was weak, but the SOUNDCHECK before the show was.....holy. People came a running and falling to hear it. When Jerry blew off on his leads into the great wide forever he took you right along. No music has ever been or will ever be to compare with this music.

I am into the home grown thing mostly these days. Often the best music is right there in your backyard with a nice chunk of chicken barbeque and salt taters , good herbs and good friends just a pickin and a grinnin.

I can't even remember where I put the radio. We do still have radio don't we? I feel so old, I have never heard of 80 per cent of these bands. Modern bands often sound like thirteen pounds of petrified HATE being rolled around in a garbage can. Ugly stuff and not too tasty to me. Sorta like opera, hahaha.

Simon and Garfunkle any day, and beautiful melody and harmony please! SONGS with meaning and direction, poetry.

AS FOR LOUD MUSIC: If y'all don't turn down your car stereo's you WILL be deaf by the time you reach my age, and you will probably reach my age. I'm a sound tech for George's Pro Sound and know whereof I speak.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast