1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of Woodstock.... CCR!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for mentioning CCR because they are too easily overlooked. It's kind of amazing that Creedence was seen as a commercial, Top 40 single kind of band. The best CCR songs match up with what anyone else did and their album filler was much better than Dead album filler. More importantly, it was possible to slip Fortunate Son in amongst the Pistols and Clash when I went to college and not have somebody throw a bottle at the stereo. I guess CCR never transported anyone into the great wide forever, but the songs are real and have been enjoyed by many more people than ever donned tie-die and traded Dead show tapes.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny you should say that... I co-worker of mine, way back when, touted himself as despising anything that was commercial. However, he was find of CCR and gave me a tape of Cosmos Factory. They have some sort of universal appeal, not unlike the Beatles. Here's an oddity... why does it seem as though while today's youth laugh at what was popular when I was a teen, and yet like the Monkees.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You know, I like a lot of bands. I dislike a lot of bands. But I find that no matter what, I can always tune in to some Jethro Tull and have a jam.

Love the musical styles, the development over time, the poetic aspect, the lyrics, all of it. Plus I don't need to feel bad about downloading their MP3s because I've got every single song on CD/vinyl/casset somewhere anyway. >_>b
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Metal:
    King Diamond/Mercyful Fate
    Manowar
    Witchfinder General
    Venom
    Black Sabbath
    Impaled Nazarene (early stuff)

Goth/Ambient/Industrial:
    Brighter Death Now
    Ildfrost
    Christian Death
    Laibach
    Muslimgauze

I have an endless list of "favorites"...!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see here start with some Zepplin and add a touch of Van Morrison. Mix in some AC/DC and Van Halen with just a pinch of Van Hagar (can't take too much Sammy). Add a bunch of Eagles and Guess Who.
    Bake at 350 and serve warm....

Sprinkle with Rush, ELO and Steely Dan if desired !
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AC/DC sprinkled with ELO must be like a bowl of Froot Loops and tequila. I don't like them separately and combining them seems even worse. But Van Morrison is a great choice and, as I approach 45, I wonder more & more how Astral Weeks came out of someone so young.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ June 20 2006,7:45)] More importantly, it was possible to slip Fortunate Son in amongst the Pistols and Clash when I went to college and not have somebody throw a bottle at the stereo. .
    Most people are familiar with "Train In Vain", "Should I stay Or Should I Go", and "Rock The Casbah". Today I heard a remake of "I Fought The Law". That was a first for me.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast