What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moderators---

coo.jpg

good editing job, I can do that too...

I used to be a moderator so I know all the dirt. You can read it all in my soon to be published book "Flytrap Place". Learn of the secret habits and predilictions of the Mods and what they do when the lights go out. Read about the origin of "Plantakiss"'s name, and find out about Ozzys strange medical history, Bugweeds unspeakable experiments, and yes, even the inside scoop on Dr. Rice and his secret agenda and long standing relationship with....well, you'll have to buy the book. When I left I was given the usual mindwipe, but with me that wouldn't work as most of you know.

The square is a recognition sign....once you have it, you get to do whatever you please for a year. Then you are sacrificed. Note my square....my time is probably coming. But until then everyone has to send me free plants and generally suck up.

BTW you guys, don't try anything funny with me. I have documents in 5 different safety deposit boxes with instructions to hit the media with it if I disappear..... as so many have.

Yes, it's a fast paced and spicy life the mods live. But over time, it takes it's toll. Unlimited power always does. I think you might sense this, and your impressions are correct. More than human but less than gods, the Mods walk a thin line between ectasy and depletion, but fame has its price and exacts its toll. Most of the old mods are in Institutions where they are kept happy and restrained but always with memories of the days of glory.

The closest most of us will ever come to this will be in reading my book.

It's going to have a nude centerfold of Phill in it too (but don't tell him that or he might make me a Mod again after they remove my implant, that is)!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Read about the origin of "Plantakiss"'s name, and find out about Ozzys strange medical history,
Tamlin you took an oath to never tell these secrets. You better never tell this and more important you must never tell how they are connected.

I think it's time that you receive the second square in the series. You know what I mean LOL The yellow memory erase square. So now you'll forget where these safety deposit boxes are. And by the time you go through your notes to find them our secret ninja detectives will have already found and broke into them.
Oh yeah go ahead and release the centerfold of Phil, I think everybody on the forums already has a copy anyway.

I just read that whole thing. We used to have so much fun here. It's still a great place but it's not like it used to be.
smile_h_32.gif

droseradude, That's pretty good work. Made me laugh.
smile.gif

William, Up 'til now, I was willing to LET YOU post here. Now, I'm afraid, I have to send the Ninja's after you. The mindwipe failed. That's for sure!!!!! So, you will be abducted when you least expect it. You WILL be rehabilitated, and returned to Modship, where the Absolute Power will take its exacting toll. While the rehab is happenin', our Ninja Detectives will locate the final Safety Deposit Box. We have the other four. Squares may soon follow, so be prepared to Mod, and lose yourself in the corruption the power gives you!!!!!
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Ye shall BOW before Phil's Nude Shot!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH, they put that thing on me!! Geez, there was something on my mind that had to do with my huge Sarracenia collection, Bugweeds address, and mailing boxes but try as I might I can't remember.........

Yes, life as a Mod used to be fun Ozzy, but once Phill discontinued the orgies and sacrifices things got dull. Nothing left to do but go beat up on the Newbies.

Hahahah, I am WELL on my way to being banned in record time...ooops, no, SM holds that. I forgot.

So, those guys in black PJ's that came the other night were ninjii? I thought they were after my 'Leah Wilkerson'. You'll be needing a fresh batch of Ninja seed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ June 18 2006,9:37)]I just read that whole thing. We used to have so much fun here. It's still a great place but it's not like it used to be.
smile_h_32.gif
The forum was lots of fun, back in the spring of 2004, with Wolfpackgurl, Flytrapgurl, and Butthead and sszvein....

Wow the boards being even better than they are now...
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I find that hard to beleive

[b said:
Quote[/b] (droseradude @ June 19 2006,12:01)]and spectabilis73
do not forget
smile_k_ani_32.gif
LOL! ah yes, "Little Specky". Just don't mention Word Association!

Remember when you logon and there would be like 15 posts from Tamlin, another 15 from Darcie, 20 from FTG, and another 20 from Pond Boy?

Not all that much has changed.   You'll be hard put to find a better community anywhere.  They come and go and come back again because these plants "get inta yer blood" as Phill Mann quoted to me when I returned to CP in 2001 after a decade and a half of not growing.  It didn't surprise him at all, lol. Phill taught me the power of generosity.

Well, we sometimes need a break.  I had my hiatus.  My awesome collection is gone, but gone as well are the endless requests for a piece of me, the worries of losing a priceless and rare species, the impossibility of keeping track of who I promised what to when.  No more trying to answer 20 emails a day - I was getting tunnel carpalitis from it.  My collection was so large that disease vectors were spreading and everything going to pot.  Now the bugs are gone, my mix has weathered for over a year in the good cleaning rain, and I am growing again with pleasure!  I will never grow like I once did again (I was up to 45 twin tube shop lights 350.00/month every month), but the awesomeness of the generosity I encountered worldwide will never be forgotten and will remain the most uplifting of all my life experiences.

And the generosity continues!  So many of the members here have written to me and have sent me plants, and not only those i have gifted in the past, but friends I never sent diddlysquat to!  I didn't even have to ask, and I didn't ask.  Friends have sent me plants that would sell for big bucks and wouldn't even accept postage.  Drosera falconeri.  S. 'Leah Wilkerson'   That's my family for ya.  I love you all for your kindnesses over the years.  Even Ozzy!

Contrast this mindset with benighted sellers who now require their customers to sign promises not to redistribute rare material in order to maintain their rare plant monopoly.  Can you believe that??? It's true. What next.....$85.00  Drosera?  LOL - it's to keep them away from ME folks, but if i wanted them, I'd have them in a week - already had offers to recieve D. meristocaulis and D. hirticalyx and refused.  Well, the merchants can relax, I have no further intent to do this.  I'm just a newbie again and it's FUN!

But others will do the work.   I am seeing the rare stuff spreading at last, and am content to see others do that work, and they are doing it so well!  Many say they got that sharing ethic from my "teaching and preaching" and if so then Tamlin has done something good in this life.

To those who I promised to and disappointed, I am very sorry.  Things got hard, I got tired and sick, but I am back with renewed energy for growing and sharing.  Send me some "rare" plants this summer and I'll grow them until fall and then send them out to good homes.  My joy is in growing and sharing, not in having or keeping.  I have nothing to offer but my advice, opinions and encouragement and the willingness to try to do the work again. as long as I remain protoplasmic.  

I think I am ready to be Modified!!!  Prepare the altar, I need buttons to push.  I'm good at that. I have asked Papa Phill to blue me....

Or maybe I should just stay out of it.  Opinions?

Heck ya, you do seem to have the fire back man, and it's not like you'd have to break up flame wars or lock-and-ban too much
biggrin.gif

Hopefully, if you got yerself "promoted" it would guarantee your participation for a little while- some of the posts you've made since your return made me feel kinda fuzzy, as detail and passion like that is a rare thing in these "high-speed" times
biggrin.gif

And if ya don't gain the mantle, well, just keep doing what yer doing, your absence was quite noticable and your full-on return really highlighted what had been missing for so long
biggrin.gif

Oh, and ya want any D.capensis seeds
biggrin.gif
cos I dunno what to do with millions of them

Well I just wanna say, phssszzit, What was that ? Oh um ya, I really want to let you all know PHSSSZZIT ! PHSSSZZITT ! PHSSSZZIIIIIIIITT! Wow look at the pretty sundew.... Mods are great, Phil is the greatest. I love you guys.
smile_n_32.gif

confused.gif
lol

Well, we are glad to have you back Tamlin

LOL, thanks my friend's! I know you've heard the "share" pitch before...I wrote the article for the inagural edition of the Ontario CP Society on that very topic, and it IS a critical topic.  You ARE an OCS member aren't you???

BTW: when I joined the forum in ...what....2002....time flies...I was offered the Mod position and I refused it.  I was drafted anyways, but never really thought of myself as a real Mod.  I have never been any different Mod or no, but I figure with TWO SQUARES I  better do something  quick.....and I need to hear what lies they have been telling about me in the Mod forum.....

I never was the Hammer, and rarely got involved with the banning/flame war thing, leaving that to other guns.  I just wanted a place to "preach", and folk to give my plants to.  You know I got kicked off of Garden Web for offering free plants?  I guess the owner was braindead since a place giving away FREE dog poo would probably get more hits than a Hippie Bhong Club.  Man, you MISSED that sheebang!  It was all out war!!!  Members *here* were going *there* just to get banned, pretty hilarious really.  Thought Papa Phill was gonna bust a gasket before it was over.  We had to plead with folk to lay off. Our friends are very defensive!  Now we're mostly all banned there.  (I wonder if they are still around, haven't been back since)

So you see, it's love me or hate me but I sure as frost ain't going away *chortle chortle*

There have been other wars.  Some members were big on the idea that we censor things here at whim = which was sheer paranoia nonsense.  I remember they were going off how all their faracas was a topic in the MOD forum, as IF....yawn.  These guys thought this was THEIR forum so they should be able to do and say ANYTHING they wanted to...kind or unkind, true or false, like it is so often on the CP Listserve or another forum I no longer frequent for similar reasons -  too much like Court where it's who you are and not what you do that matters - so I declared myself independent of all that rot.  I'm A yankin dundle dundee or something like that....

Here at TF everyone is treated with civility and respect, or else, baby!  )This excludes Ozzy, Bugweed, PAK, Andrew, and probably JBL.  It includes PhD's, newbies, silly females that can't spell, kids that post 80 pages of word associations (you loved tht didn't you Jimscott!), experts, Dr's, Lawyers, Vampires (we have had a few of em), christians, aethists, prolifers and abortionists, nice guys, spiks, chinks, limeys, frogs, pollacks, krauts, gooks, wops, kikes (If I left you out, sorry!) kings And queens, drunkards, teetotallers, druggies, rappers <gasp>  About the only ones not welcome are those who can't accept that moderation is a necessity to deal with human passion when things go too far and those that come to smooze free plants without any posting or contributions other than their "Gimme's".  We expect that arguments will arise, and are here to serve the peace.  

What?!?  My posts makes your head fuzzy?  It's because I WRITE man!  I also use English....the real honest to God thing.  Guess I am old fashioned.  They made us learn these things when I was a sprout.  I love the written word.  I would not want to see our language reduced to nothing, so I try to stretch your greymatter.  Hence the fuzz.  Or, possibly, something the night before?

BEsides, it feels good to type when my hands aren't too swollen to hit da keys.

D. capensis seed?  Put em up on the  trade forum, or send them in care the Science teacher of your local  grade school so each class member can have some.  Make up 30 packets and print out instructions for eAch.  Take it as deep as you want....you can fill plastic cups with mix, packet of seed on top, instructions wrapped around the 'pot', seal her all up in plastic wrap.  The teach will think you're a hero....and you will be.  We need to inspire youth to grow and SHARE these plants.  It's a very important thing to teach this...  It will be the kids that will carry these plants into the year 3000....or not at all.  Bot Gardens aren't going to cut it.  Todays Newbies are tomorrows shining CP stars.  Suck em in early and get them good and addicted is the way to go!

Well it's time for my rockabye baby pill.  G'day to all. see ya around 4.

We love you too, in a manly sort of way ya understand....at least, for most of us that is, hee hee.

Back