Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auction ending time

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phil made this response in the Auction forum. Since it is closed I would like to reply to it here

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] Hi All,

It was my responsibility to end the auction at 8pm central time.

I logged on at 8pm based on my watch.. showed to be 8:07 on the computer and may have been 8.15 on someone elses and 7.59 on another persons.

While I'm going to say the NASC can choose how this will pan out... it is my FIRM SUGGESTION that all auctions up until the minute I posted the close of auction be considered the winners.

Server time versus my time etc.

Unless we implemented an auction software to close it based on server time, this was going to happen ... perhaps 5 minutes early perhaps 10 minutes late.

We'll hash it out. In the end, it's a benefit auction and it's in the best interest of the NASC to get what they can for the item being auctioned. If the high bidder wants to back out, it goes down a level (if it's for time purposes)... that's what I propose.

Again, however, I'll leave it up to the NASC folks to officially decide... but I think we/they should come up with an answer no later than tomorrow.

-PC
    The problem is that it was posted at 8pm central time the auction was over and for people to stop bidding. Some people continued to bid after they were told to stop. Some others thought the auction was over because they were told it was over and they stopped bidding. I don't think it's fair for those people to lose because they were doing as they were told. The Nasc Board members took a vote and it was decided to disallow the bids after 8pm. And from reading the response of the bidders, they agree that the auction should be ended at 8pm.
    As of right now this is the final decision. If there is a big uproar about it I say we put up a poll and only members who bid on the auctions be allowed to vote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (bucky78 @ June 18 2006,7:11)]That is great and the right decision in my opinion. I am the same as theduke, I would have bid again if I knew that I could have.
    You did bid again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Copper @ June 18 2006,8:47)]S. flava from VIRGINIA!, Ex Meadowbrook collection Houstonherp $28
    Rose -

Er...actually the last bid prior to 8:01 CST WAS mine, but it was only for $26 on this item.

Just an FYI, as I'm sure that Dave would have caught this minor thing anyway.
    Mike Howlett

"Leuc, I am your flava!"

Now we know Princess Leah's last name: Wilkerson!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12