User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: so are you the person in your town...........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My calls are in the neighborhood of 'I am being held hostage by gunpoint, can you come help me!'
    You don't need an iron chest if you have a sharp brain and a silk tongue.

GROWLIST
    Wolf's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wonder why wolf........................
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave a geology presentation to a 5th grade class once and have never felt so important & interesting in all my life.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I look forward to doing stuff like this once I get the time to do so. This will be once I get out of nursing school in 3 years. I have always wanted to give a talk and give the children starter plants. I love getting people addicted to orchids or CPs.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember being called on by my oldest boys 8th grade science teacher to talk about CP. Of course I thought it would be one class so I said sure. A week before the lecture, my kids teacher called me and simply told me he moved it to the auditorium so he could get a better viewing of Nature's "Death Traps" video that I was bringing with me. I thought nothing of it. 35 kids would be a breeze!
    So the big day arrived. I went with neps, sarrs, VFT's sundews, ping's----the works! I set up in the auditorium, and heard the pitter patter of a heard of elephants. I had the video running so the first thing the kids saw was a pillbug traveling through a LOT of VFT's. When the pillbug finally became lunch, the collective gasp of the springing trap told me all I wanted to know. THEY WERE HOOKED! So, I turned around from setting up to turn off the video, and address the kids. OMIGAWD!!!!!! The word had gotten out that Mr. Castro, the science teacher was having a lecture on CP, and suddenly 4 other science classes joined them. About 150 kids were staring at me, so what could I do? I lectured to the most attentive group of kids I ever saw. In the whole group, there was one disruptor who was known in the neighborhood as the local punk. Outbursts like, "BORING!" kept coming from his general direction, so I said, "AH! Mr. Wharton! Still a jerk I see! I tell you what. Since No one here wants to hear your mouth, I invite ANYONE here who would rather be somewhere else, to leave." Joel tried to get his hangers on to go with him, and TO A MAN(Kid) they told him to get lost because they WERE interested. The only one who left was the disruptor! NOT ONE soul besides that twit, left. 150 kids were glued to their seats, including the school "hard guys". It was a great experience for me to know that these plants were cool enough that even the bad boys wanted to learn and understand about them. I had a ball!!!!! And so did they!

45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. It must be such a great feeling.
    Droserae will inherit the earth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been there Sheridan and done that. I know somewhere in the forums is the story of me, the Tokay gecko and the pre-school class. Long story short, lots of blood and a really sore tounge from bitting it to keep from expressing what I really felt in front of 30 5 year olds
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]a really sore tounge from bitting it to keep from expressing what I really felt in front of 30 5 year olds
    which is why i didnt haul the boa down, i didnt figure if the worst happened i wouldnt beable to hold my tongue. the boa is great when its in a good mood but when he is pissy some one is loosing some blood
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast