Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.wilmingtonstar.com/apps....6230418

Pouching wild CPs is still a problem
    Sincerely,
    Brendhan

Apprently posting fully clothed non sexual photos of myself pisses off the mods. Well I do my part.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking of posting this article. I was trying to decide if it was a good idea to publish to the poachers how you plan to catch them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pouchers become CP food.

Feed Me Seymore!

A lot of folks deserve to die!

Sincerely,
    Brendhan
    Sincerely,
    Brendhan

Apprently posting fully clothed non sexual photos of myself pisses off the mods. Well I do my part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That really is a silly practice when real nurserys grow thousands and thousands through tissue culture.
    Updated Growlist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (CPsInAtl @ June 24 2006,9:10)]That really is a silly practice when real nurserys grow thousands and thousands through tissue culture.
    I agree, though you are thinking logically. Not everyone does that.
    I bought a couple at Walmart the other night for $5 each. Not that I don't have them, but they had dentate and typical with traps an inch or more!
    Interesting dilemna, Ozzy. Do you let poachers know so they don't try(hopefully), or catch them after they do?

Cheers,

Joe

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will do both. I make sure people know the penelty for poaching. I agree with stopping poaching through education. The problem is that education only stops the people that would like to have a couple of plants to grow. The biggest daunger from poaching comes from the ones that do it for profit. No amount of education will stop them. They will try want ever it takes to beat the system.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]That really is a silly practice when real nurserys grow thousands and thousands through tissue culture.
    Think about this. If I only cared about making a dollar, why would I pay a nusery for vft's when I know where thousands of them are growing. I can buy them in bulk for for less than a dollar each, or I can go dig them up for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest bulk of my VFT's were wild collected. By the Carolina Biological Supply in North Carolina. Then, they had a permit to do so for scientific reasons. I got a lot of mine from them. Plus, a lot of nurseries sold them, pre tissue culture for $0.69 cents a pot with three banded VFT's, full grown. I bought a ton of VFT's from those sources. In those days they were all wild collected. As it is, tissue culture may be the only way to eventually save them, but with the wild pollen in my circulating bog, I have an AWFUL lot of genetic diversity out there!!! And I am giving away seed later this month or July. These genes will yield a lot of forms for those who get seed from me this year.

45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think CP's are like Cow's in the fact that even if they are wild collected they will never go extinct because people grow them and nurseries reproduce them by the thousands. So I don't really see why anyone cares that they are wild collected.
    My life sucks

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast