What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great Fathers Day Gift!

• Thread starter fc3srx713b
  • Start date
so this is my present! a 1987 mazda rx7 turbo.

119868425O801963730.jpg

119868378O108911940.jpg

Round taillights...
119868234O682253574.jpg

garrett hybrid t4/t3 turbo...
119868024O044262151.jpg

full racing beat exhaust...
119868271O624914884.jpg

119868259O683341048.jpg

greddy tubo timer and gauges...
119868307O433050887.jpg

119868333O919631713.jpg

17" konig rims with cross drill slotted rotors...
119868065O601805997.jpg

119868125O498704096.jpg

nice car
smile_n_32.gif

you gotta love the rotary engine huge top end

I want one!

I didnt think you listend to techno/elektronica/dance!

congratulutions!!!

i finally get your screen name. glad i'm not the only freak who uses their obsession with a car in their name.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bugfreak @ June 28 2006,5:58)]congratulutions!!!

i finally get your screen name. glad i'm not the only freak who uses their obsession with a car in their name.
i was wondering where you were bugfreak!!!! thanks! hey is your hubby's celica RWD? maybe have like a drift com. or something....

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I didnt think you listend to techno/elektronica/dance!

what do you mean by this?

celica is FWD (as is the beetle) i had no idea there was such a thing as a RWD celica- i've heard of an AWD but then i'm not exactly the most mechanically inclined individual.

he's taken it to an autocross and drag strip. that's about it. (PS my beetle is still faster- with or without nitrous.. tee hee.) we really really do need another car though. hubby's thinking used IS300 is one of the best bang for the buck.

nuff of my rambling- have fun with your new toy.

Santos = techno band right? scroll down (i got this from youre siggy I figured it was a band or something)

Santos Music

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bugfreak @ June 28 2006,7:48)]celica is FWD (as is the beetle) i had no idea there was such a thing as a RWD celica- i've heard of an AWD but then i'm not exactly the most mechanically inclined individual.

he's taken it to an autocross and drag strip. that's about it. (PS my beetle is still faster- with or without nitrous.. tee hee.) we really really do need another car though. hubby's thinking used IS300 is one of the best bang for the buck.

nuff of my rambling- have fun with your new toy.
muahahaha! you know i will! but first the downer! i have to break in my motor first and then some to really mess around with it. i think this car was making some 270hp not fulling tuned. its not running stock on the computer, it has a micro tech hooked up. other things like street port brings it up more which it already has. i think i can push somewhere around 300hp fully tuned and some other mods...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]hahaha! really?!?!
laugh.gif

no thats my real name...

congrats! the turbo II looks good! with all the go fast stuff, any plans for the brake fluid and pads? fresh fluid and a good set of pads will do wonders for your confidence knowing that you can actually stop, lol!

still running the top mount ic or has it been converted to a fmic?

are you tuning it or do you have someone that will be doing it for you?

you mentioned breaking in the engine. i'll assume that it has new apex seals in it then? stock size/material? 3mm ceramic?

bug- early 80's celicas were rwd (pre supra days, called the "celica supra").

tech...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (technoracer @ June 30 2006,6:17)]congrats!  the turbo II looks good!  with all the go fast stuff, any plans for the brake fluid and pads?  fresh fluid and a good set of pads will do wonders for your confidence knowing that you can actually stop, lol!

still running the top mount ic or has it been converted to a fmic?

are you tuning it or do you have someone that will be doing it for you?

you mentioned breaking in the engine.  i'll assume that it has new apex seals in it then?  stock size/material?  3mm ceramic?

bug- early 80's celicas were rwd (pre supra days, called the "celica supra").

tech...
thanks! i do a brake flush and bleed when the car is out of the shop. like you said, ill do that to make sure the car stops.  the rotors and pads look pretty new, so i dont think ill do anything to them.

well for right now, ill keep it top ic. someone else is going to tune the car for me but i hope he knows how to work with micro tech ltx-8 series.  ill have the car have base map just to get it running. then when i have the money to get:
*boost controller
*bov
*waste gate and ported
*competion pulleys

then ill get the front mount ic.  then another tunning needs to be done to get the best of everything.

all that being said, i wanna try to put in small things like stiffer mounts, such as diff, tranny, and motor mounts while the motor is out for the rebuild.

OH! ALMOST FORGOT!
well for my set up, i dont think the 3mm apex seals will work. keep in mind ill be driving this car almost like a daily driver, but ill try not to use it for short trips...

Thanks for sending me the E-Mail. I totally missed this thread. Alot has been done to that car, I would be VERY careful with it for the time being.

I'm guessing it has a blown engine? If so stick with the 3mm apex seals, those things will allow you to run much higher boost. It looks good, if you need any parts holla at me.

Haha I feel sorry for you now bro. You have a modded, turbo RX7 in Cali. Your gonna have to pull out all the tricks to pass the dreaded sniffer.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CopcarFC @ July 01 2006,5:49)]Haha I feel sorry for you now bro.  You have a modded, turbo RX7 in Cali.  Your gonna have to pull out all the tricks to pass the dreaded sniffer.
smile.gif
dont be! :p thats all i can say!

hey let me get your # then i case i want some parts. my gf wants one too. we're looking at one thats 2800.00 but running. has stock computer but has street port, full RB exhaust, rims, pear white paint, and is turbo.

I'm never home. The best way to contact me is through E-Mail. 2800 for a modded Turbo2 is odd, I would guess there is something horribly wrong with it.

what's the fuel system like? all stock still? if so, i think i'd upgrade that next. from what i know about the turbo 13b's, is that you need to be very careful about detonation...

how about the cooling system? stock there too?

tech...

tech..

When a rotary engine floods a lot. It's because of low compression, low compression means bad seals, bad seals mean the engine needs to be rebuilt. So you better start saving!! There are a few tricks you can use to keep it running for the time being, but that engine is on its way out.It's best to rebuild it now before it blows so you can reuse the rotors and irons.

Check this out.
hood1.jpg

Right now all that is done is the scoop up front. I'm starting to work on the rear vents and the big hole is going to be a big reverse cowl and from the cowl back it is going to be clear plastic so you'll be able to see the engine. I can't wait to finish this up and get it painted.
smile.gif

nice, i wanna do something like that!
smile_n_32.gif

Back