What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets have a lily show

It's getting on towards the heart of summer and most of our spring/summer Lilys should be well into blooming so I thought it'd be cool if we all showed some of our stuff (I of course have pollen available rom all my stuff shown here lets trade!). Here's my currently in bloom stuff some bloomed so fast and went (thanks to the rains) I didnt even get to take pics of them!

liliumregale.jpg

liliumsalmonstar.jpg

orangeasiatic.jpg

whiteasiatic.jpg

yellowasiatic.jpg

trumpetlily.jpg

bicolorasiatic.jpg

bicolorasiaticno2.jpg

whiteturkscap.jpg

whiteturkscap2.jpg

I don't really think this is a tiger lily (L. tigrinum or L. lancifolium) as the tag proclaimed, the flowers are not pendant at all like on my pink tiger which is getting ready to bloom soon but open and relatively flat like an asiatic.
redtiger.jpg

I've been testing those trumpet lily bulbs in ground here and next year, we're gonna have us a lily festival!
lilyland.jpg

mine aint even all the way out of the ground yet, give me another month i dont even have buds yet sheeesh
smile_m_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Josh -
Nice touch of color. Gonna be a good year!
smile.gif

Ron

Really? Maybe it's your elevation or just later blooming species? Most of mine are asiatics and I beive they're the early ones. Are yours natives? I have a few that should be really big considering the size of the bulbs I planted and they're still busy getting their height. L. henryii, L. pardalinum and L. Citronella Strain. Some of the Oriental hybrids at work are still busy getting their heights as well.

no natives, its a mix of tigers, orientals, asiatics ect..........basically our growing season starts between the first of april and the first of May(2 years ago we still had snow on the ground the second week of May) this year it was closer to the first of may before things got started. so my plants have only been growing for about a month and a half.

Don't know if everyone else already has this website linked but it's one of the best lily sites I've found:

De Florum Lily Pages

I got some but forgot to plant them.
smile_h_32.gif

Probably too late.

If you plant them in 1 gallon pots (8"w x 8"D or so) you can bring them in and put them in a sunny window as the temps begin to drop to 50s*F in fall and you'll be able to keep em growing long enough to bloom and die back as houseplants and plant them next year in spring.

That is if your bulbs haven't dried up. I lost my species tulip bulbs in with my pots and soils and they all turned to empty husks by the time I located them!
smile_h_32.gif

Back