Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poisonous chameleon snake discovered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thursday, June 29, 2006; Posted: 1:55 a.m. EDT (05:55 GMT)

JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) -- Researchers scouring swamps in the heart of Borneo island have discovered a venomous species of snake that can change its skin color, the conservation group WWF announced Tuesday.

The ability to change skin color is known in some reptiles, such as the chameleon, but scientists have seen it rarely with snakes and have not yet understood this phenomenon, the group said in a statement.

"I put the reddish-brown snake in a dark bucket," said Mark Auliya, a reptile expert and a consultant for the group. "When I retrieved it a few minutes later, it was almost entirely white."

More...
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the article:

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]The WWF, the international group formerly known as World Wildlife Fund, said 361 animal and plant species have been discovered since 1996 on Borneo, underscoring its unparalleled biological diversity.
    In related news:

Halliburton announced its plans to clearcut and pave the entire island of Borneo. Vice President (and former Halliburton CEO) **** Cheney had this to say: "These darn snakes can go ahyuk themselves. By living in such a biologically diverse region, these snakes obviously chose to have my company pave over them!"

When asked what purpose would be served by paving over the island, Mr. Cheney replied, "Oh, no purpose... it's just something we like to do."
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Samuel L. Jackson declined to comment, as the snake was not on a plane.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    holly crap ola Batman!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ June 29 2006,3:11)]Samuel L. Jackson declined to comment, as the snake was not on a plane.
    lol

sOAP!!

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it April again already?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well thats a first, a snake that you get sick from eating . But serriously, I really wonder what else we havent discovered yet. Also it kinda reminds me of this not to long ago, http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news....es.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast