Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Windows or Macintosh!

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (CNCreefer @ June 29 2006,5:36)]Does anyone know how to remove IE safely and completely without damaging the operating system? Microsoft can stick it.....
    I stumbled across IERadicator2001 a (long) while back. I have never used it so I don't know if it works or not. I Googled it: IEradicator and got a bajillion (OK that's an exaggeration. It was only 41,500) results. Near as I can tell, it's still a free download. Maybe someday when the idea of reformatting my hard drive doesn't give me nightmares, I'll give it a shot. Until then I'll ignore IE and use Mozilla instead. I won't need IE anyway as MicroDorks is discontinueing support for Win98 SE anyhow, so there will be no need to use their browser to update my OS.

EDIT: Found this forum where they are discussing some of the problems involved with the removal of IE. Trouble in Pardise with IEradicator
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been using PC's and windows all along,
    since my first computer in '95.
    also only PC and windows at work since '95.
    (except for a SUN station running UNIX a few years back)
    and I use computers every day for my job (R&D at Kodak)
    never once saw the point, or need, for a Mac.
    Photoshop 7 runs great on a PC.

also, always used IE..never saw the need, or the point, for anything else.
    IE is perfectly fine, never had the slightest problem with it.
    and I have been on-line every single day for the last 11 years.

(well ok, maybe I skipped a day or two on my honeymoon!
    but "every day for 11 years" isnt much of an exaggeration.)

Im always reading all these things about switching to firefox, or MAcs are better..I always think "why?? whats the problem these things are fixing??"
    never had a single virus problem, never had to reinstall anything.
    My original Windows 95 machine would lock-up once inawhile, but no damage was ever done because of it..I just rebooted.
    I have been using WinXP machines at both work and home for 3-4 years now..daily..never once had one lock up or give a single problem.

dont see the problem here.

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scot, lol ive been using IE forever to and point of fact i didnt really have problems with it but someone happened to be raving about Firefox on here on a day i happened to be bored so i downloaded it and tried it. basically i prefer how it is set up over IE and it seemed to run more efficiently than IE when on dial-up at home, it seems to load all the text first and than start on the pics where IE seemed to try and do everything at once and got bogged down, made for surfing posts where i had already seen the pics at work during the day but wanted to check up on the new posts on the thread after work at home easier.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys don't know the crap we web developers go through to make IE behave like a standards-compliant browser I guess.

Though Safari (the browser that comes with OSX) is pretty awful too. I've heard it's gotten better, but I only have the original version to test in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FIRE FOX RULES!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ June 30 2006,11:04)]You guys don't know the crap we web developers go through to make IE behave like a standards-compliant browser I guess.

Though Safari (the browser that comes with OSX) is pretty awful too. I've heard it's gotten better, but I only have the original version to test in.
    Safari works great for me. Blows I.E. away. Of coarse Firefox is great as well.

Tom
    Twitter : Tommytimbertoes

This signature removed because of whining little crybabies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mac OS X is nice to use and a darn sight more stylish. WindowsXP still has relics of Win95 here and there. You'll notice Windows Vista has some pretty similar features to OS X too!

Anyway, here's what appears to be an objective comparison:

X vs XP
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a Windows user, Macs are alright, but when get around to building my own machine (PCs are for people who don't know how to overclock and blast through data so I don't call what I'm building a PC), it will have both Linux and Windows. Windows will be for gaming while Linux will be for everything else. LOL Personally I'm fine with Windows but it sure would be nice if it didn't have so many security problems. I don't go anywhere on the net except my "regulars" which are not bad and I still get stuff on my computer.... ah well.

I like the customizabilty of Firefox. I have so many extensions and themes. It's GREAT!
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast