What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OWNED!!

At first I thought it was a twig or a stick, fallen upon my Venus Fly Trap. I tugged it a little... it refused to give. I looked closer, to find total pwnage.

That daddy long leg was OWNED!!
901093807_daddylongleg.jpg

So, I invite you to share your awesome pictures of plant domination.
biggrin.gif

happens all the time, The Daddy long legs will be looking for some food, see an open VFT trap and get caught.

This guy was still alive when I found him. After the trap was done... He had the flattest rearend I've ever seen on a fly. LOL
helpme.jpg

Andrew

I remember the time a hornet got its head caught by one of my flytraps. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen, but it got away before I could take a picture.

So the VFT say; "Mr. Daddy Longlegs, Whose your Daddy now???????"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Iris @ June 30 2006,2:56)]I remember the time a hornet got its head caught by one of my flytraps. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen, but it got away before I could take a picture.
Yep, it's definitely an attention getter.

My avatar:
Trap_with_wasp.jpg

Ya really gotta be careful what you poke your nose into. Oh, this guy didn't get away. Mwahahahaha!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Osheshkers @ June 30 2006,2:55)]At first I thought it was a twig or a stick, fallen upon my Venus Fly Trap. I tugged it a little... it refused to give. I looked closer, to find total pwnage.

That daddy long leg was OWNED!!
Your VFTs are 1337, dude.
smile.gif

Well Steve.... if ya hadn't posted it, I'da toldja to visit the topic.

What's a 1337, as opposed to a 1066 or a 1492?

I'm cirrhosis, I've never heard of it.

For other uses, see Leet (disambiguation).
Leet
Type: Alternative
Languages: English, with some use in other languages
Time period: 1980 to the present
Parent Writing systems: Roman alphabet
Arabic numerals
Leet

Note: This page may contain IPA phonetic symbols in Unicode. See IPA chart for English for an English-​based pronunciation key.
Leet (or 1337, l33t, l33+, etc, derived from the word "Elite") is a linguistic phenomenon associated with the underground culture centered on telecommunications, manifested primarily on the Internet, and is especially prevalent in gaming (as in video games) communities. For the purposes of this text, leet is defined as the corruption or modification of written text. For example, the term "leet" itself is often written "l33t" or "1337". Such corruptions are frequently referred to as "Leetspeak" or "13375p34k," etc. (see below for cipher definitions). In addition to corruption of standard language, new colloquialisms have been added to the parlance. It is also important to note that Leet itself is not solely based upon one language or character set. In fact, Greek, Russian, Chinese, and other languages have been subjected to the Leet "cipher". As such, while it may be referred to as a "cipher", a "dialect", or a "language", Leet does not fit squarely into any of these categories. This article primarily concerns the English Language variant of Leet.

The name Leet itself is derived from the word elite (also 31337). Elite has been used in the past to designate a group of users as belonging to a higher social echelon than other users. Originally, elite had been reduced to one syllable, leet.

Because of this derivation from the word elite, calling someone or something leet may be considered a compliment, although it is also used in an ironic derogatory manner[1].

You'd be surprised how many time it doesn't come up in everyday conversation! And except for BCK & Wicked Thistle, nearly all the computerese I know comes from forum members under the age of 22.

Ha, I like that Price is Right photo...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ July 01 2006,7:05)]What's a 1337, as opposed to a 1066 or a 1492?
Oh, I find his VFTs quite 1066 and 1492 as well.
smile.gif

Just for kicks a couple months ago I downloaded an add on to mozilla that allows you to change selected text into '1337' at the click of a mouse button. You can also change it to morse code, binary and a couple others.

Ju57 f0r k1(k5 4 (0up|3 m0n7h5 460 1 d0wn|04d3d 4n 4dd 0n 70 m0z1||4 7h47 4||0w5 y0u 70 (h4n63 53|3(73d 73x7 1n70 '1337' 47 7h3 (|1(k 0f 4 m0u53 8u770n. Y0u (4n 4|50 (h4n63 17 70 m0r53 (0d3, 81n4ry 4nd 4 (0up|3 07h3r5.

Badside is it doesn't always decode what it codes
smile_n_32.gif

pffft! I love it... where did you get it BigCarnivorKid? send me send me (I use mozila too)

What was the original topic about? Some of us have a tendency toward hijacking and hijinks!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ July 02 2006,5:58)]What was the original topic about? Some of us have a tendency toward hijacking and hijinks!
I believe it was about bugs getiing bit by CPs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ July 02 2006,12:06)]pffft! I love it... where did you get it BigCarnivorKid? send me send me (I use mozila too)
Here ya go: Leet key add-on
And if you have a lot of free time here's the main page for Mozilla add-ons: Mozilla add-ons/extensions

OK people, move along. That's it, keep it moving. There's nothing to see. No topic hijacking going on here! No sir! Move along now!

while i was in Florida aparently a small worm or somthing made a cocoon in my VFT trap amazingly missing all the trigger hairs and what do i see this morning? the vft closed! im thinking its the death cheating moth that finally got what it deserved
smile_n_32.gif
Alex

biggrin.gif
thats an odd one.. good thing it didnt get away from death!

oh

BigCarnivourKid

7h4nk5 f0r 4|| 7h3 |1nk5, y0ur3 my f4v0r173 n0w, 1 607 50m3 k1nd 0f mu51( 7h1n6, 4nd 4 5w17(h 70 h4v3 50m3 0f my 7485 83 8r0w53d 8y 3xp|0r3r! 4 mu57 f0r 4ny m0zz1|4 f1r3 f0x u53r!

Thanks for all the links, youre my favorite now, I got some kind of music thing, and a switch to have some of my tabs be browsed by Explorer! a must for any mozilla firefox user!

(h33r5!

I can actually read this stuff!

One good thing about daddy long legs is that you can always tell that your plant had a decent meal and know what that meal was.

nepenthes_ak, check out adblock and NoScript. Adblock allows you to block ad images and NoScript blocks all java script on a page from being run with out explicit permission. That can be a pain if your on a page that uses macromedia to display something you want to see and you forget to allow the page to run the java script to load macromedia. On the other hand you can permanently allow any page to run a particular java script while blocking those for adds.

On Topic: Last year my VFTs desimated the daddy longleg population. There was always a trap or three with long legs sticking out of them up into the air through out the summer. That wasp I took the picture of was the only one to get caught like that . All the rest were completely inside the trap.

Back