What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SUCCESS

My cross between Capensis Typical X Albino are in their second year of growth. There are a couple of particular interest. One I deemed Hannah and have not picked a name for the other yet. They flowered this week and I noticed the flowers today. Hannah has a light pick flower with light pink tenticles. The other has dark pink to red tenticles, but has a flower that is so light pink it almost appears white. Both will grow from cuttings, but have not produced from root yet.

Congrats! I will attempt this hybrid if and when I can get both D.capensis and D.capensis albino to flower at the same time.
dewy

Congratulations, Rose! How did you pollinate them and how long after blooming did you attempt to do so?

Looks like you are on your way to naming a cultivar, once you determine if the character is maintained? Should be intersting to see how the f2 genertion turns out. Any photos?

I pollinated by two means. One I took the anthers off of an Albino flower and pollinated the stamina with an anther from the typical. The second was the reverse. I was lucky and the two parent plants were flowering for a long time together. The flowers that were used for seed were freshily opened so as to make sure that the plants did not self pollinate. I can tell you that the Albino is dominate in this mix.

Ah yes, I keep meaning to ask you about the Hannah. You auctioned off one last year, and I almost killed it! Thankfully it gave me an offshoot and the offshoot is quite happy. I look foward to hearing more about it. Wasn't it named after your daughter? I think I remember that right.

Yes it was. Has it flowered for you?

It flowered last year; but the flowers never got pollinated other than when they closed. I cut it off about the time it finished flowering.

Back