User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thats it, im done, it just aint worth it..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    two days out on the lake, hotter than hades, 100% humidity, got cooked well done and for what? one 2 pound walleye?!?! im done......im going back to river fishing, sitting on the bank with a cooler of beer, and bucket of minnows. i may never catch a 10 pound walleye but dang it ill catch a truck load of lil ones, plus catfish, northerns, ling, saugers and sturgeon as well. it gets entertaining when yah start reelling in what yah think is a 2 pound walleye and yah start fighting with a 15 pound shovelnosed prehistoric looking beast.

im burned to a crisp, Darla got a mild case of sun stroke and to top it off, trying to keep your ballance while out on the water royally torques off torn cartilage in ones knee. no more lake fishing for me now where is my minnow bucket.................
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done both and I prefer the relaxing on the beach. I like catfish.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're betraying the fishing-industrial complex. Don't you really want a larger, more stable boat, with shaded fishing platform? Plenty of electronics; the latest in carbon fiber rod technology; pedestal seats with cupholders for those beers? How can you get away from it all and relax if you don't take even more with you?
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LMAO Bruce, actually i dont own a boat but my friend and my father in law each do. though about the only time i go on the father-in-laws is when i feel the need to be drug across the surface of the water at 30mph(unless he decides it would be fun to kick it up to 40 after he gets me on the tube) with just an intertube between me and the water.

as to how will i get away from it all? im just as hard to find if im shore fishing, there is hundreds of miles worth of bank on the Missouri and Milk rivers within an easy drive
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are kidding Herenorthere, right? That defeats the purpose of the great outdoors in my opinion.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] That defeats the purpose of the great outdoors in my opinion.
    i dont know, the topper over the bed of the truck beats most tents IMHO, hail cant beat through the topper very easy but that thin nylon fabric doesnt hold up well in it and yah wind up in the truck anyways i have packed back into an area to camp before. some modern convieniences go a long way twords making an enjoyable weekend. an air matress at night for example does wonders for ones mood in the morning
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I go with a teepee and a .54 caliber Hawken. Plenty of stuff around to make a soft place to sleep. Fairly hailproof too. Bowhunting in the rain, on the other hand, is a beech!!! But bowfishing is quicker than a hook!!!

45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ July 03 2006,5:05)].....(unless he decides it would be fun to kick it up to 40 after he gets me on the tube) with just an intertube between me and the water.
    Can you say enema?

I'm with you on fishing from the shore. A boats OK but being able to kick back and just relax is what it's all about in my book. Can't do that in a boat in to many places. Where there's one boat there's usually more, and that means people. I go fishing to get away from people.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast