Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Quick question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Quick question here: is rain water from the roof of my house ok to use for cp? The water is usually very clear and crisp looking, but looks can be deceiving.
    Thanks,
    dewy
    John 3:16
    My grow list/want list
    Prior to the funeral home visit, we heard ~ "Hey'all watch this ! !"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lots of people use water from their roofs. A lot of people will let it rain for a bit to get all the crud off and then use everything thereafter. I could see situations where a certain roofing or chemical used therein could lead to disaster.

My suggestion: try it out on a few plants, first. If you have a TDS meter, use that as well.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Est @ July 06 2006,9:03)]Lots of people use water from their roofs. A lot of people will let it rain for a bit to get all the crud off and then use everything thereafter. I could see situations where a certain roofing or chemical used therein could lead to disaster.

My suggestion: try it out on a few plants, first. If you have a TDS meter, use that as well.
    I have been using it for about a month now and all of my plants seem fine, including the ever sensitive D.adelae. I usually wait until the water becomes clear before I use it.
    Thanks for the help,
    dewy
    John 3:16
    My grow list/want list
    Prior to the funeral home visit, we heard ~ "Hey'all watch this ! !"

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using it all winter-summer. Can't say it has been causing any problems. The thing is, it hits the roof and just runs off. It isn't sitting in one spot for any length of time, so it isn't absorbing much if anything. That's a qualitative answer, but there's no way I could quantify it.