User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: WOW Baby Datura seedling in bloom!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was out watering the plants today and I was only fortunate to have one Datura ceratocaula ("Torno Loco" the only swamp growing datura) not keel over. It's still only 4" high or so but it's got a bloom coming!
    It'll be funny to see how big the bloom is on this tiny plant. I think I should probably stake the tiny stem so the flower doesn't kill the stem.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome dude. do they grow wild where you live like they do here? (the genus maybe not the species lol)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wiped out a patch of 20+ plants at work.. They are definatly not roundup ready. Not Datura ceratocaula, but another Datura species. Didn't really look at them just noticed the seed pods.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, none locally that I know of in Minnesota. I'm just a Datura fan so I bought seed from everywhere and got all the species. Some are really weak as seedlings: D. ceratocaula, D. discolor, D. leichhardtii and D. quercifolia (oak leaf species). I only have one survivor of each I hope I can get seed for next year and maybe have better luck with fresher seed.
    The widespread species in the US is D. stramonium (Jimsonweed/Jamestown weed) often sold as seed packs labeled Devils Trumpet "fleur de lilac" (actually it's D. stramonium var. tatula) every seed of that species germinated easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we know why oure a datura fan!

What are you gonna use a couple of tooth picks,

Get some pics of the bloom as soon as possible!