Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i'm GOING to do it this time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    food and nicotine gum/patches work but dont go overboard with the food. i have never smoked nor i will never try it. try to do other things to keep your mind off them. hang out with your friends, go to the movies, play a game JUST DO SOMTHING!
    Im rootin for ya!
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also What I found was fun was Hitting things... Taking a Sledg hamer (I had an axe and some wood but im sure a sledg hamer works just the same?) and Bash some bricks or something. Crack logs for fire wood!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a smoker also and I've been wanting to quit for sometime. I got hooked during my first years as a cook. As a cook you don't get breaks as most professions do but if you're a smoker you're allowed to go and take five (that's where it starts).
    I'm the executive chef now and i control when everyone takes a smoke break. I'm tired of smoking and I will stand up and join you in your quest to quit...
    nicotine does play a card in this (as far as your patch question goes).

"Smoking increases the risk of erectile dysfunction by around 50% for men in their 30s and 40s...."

if that isn't a reason to quit I don't know what is.
    Sturgeon's Law:
    "Nothing is always absolutely so".

http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "quitting meth was easier for me than nicotine"

"Smoking increases the risk of erectile dysfunction by around 50% for men in their 30s and 40s...."

Thats funny , the gov gets payed to keep it legall and it addvertizes through movies.

I wish you alot of luck... when I was sevenish i smoked at a party ,my parents were having, just because i was sooooo currious about why it was "good" and even till today when someone is smoking it smells sooooo good yet that was definetly not how it smelled before. Tobacco is evil, it alters the way you think and behave. It numbs you and sepperates you from your true conscious. You are allready through the first step, admitting it and dettermining you want to quit.
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
    Mens Et Manus

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i dont know about it altering how you think and behave, that could be said about anything. or numbing and seperating me from my conciousness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (7santiago @ July 14 2006,10:03)]Tobacco is evil, it alters the way you think and behave. It numbs you and sepperates you from your true conscious.
    That's why I started drinking.
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JustLikeAPill,
    If by any chance the patch doesn't work for you, here is the strongest possible "stop smoking aid" available. It available only by perscription. IT REALLY WORKS.

Nictrol Inhaler (Nicotine Inhalation System) 10 mg/cartridge.

I tried everything to quit but sitting around, having a few beers with my friends, who all smoke, was just too much of a temptation for the "patch" to handle. It was just too easy to ask a buddy for a cigarette.

The inhaler, similar to a small cigarette holder, gave me the instant nicotine hit I needed under the circumstances. I have been smoke free for two years but still keep one of the inhalers handy "just in case".

Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's known that being around smokers and drinking alcohol increases cravings. it is wise to stay awy from smokers whenever possible and don't drink while you're trying to quit. seriously. this is both clinically and from personal experience. for me, beer and cigarette just go hand in hand so i just didn't drink anything at all for a while- which was no problem cause i don't drink that much anyway.

hang in there, JustLikeAPill. we're all rooting for you. go cuss somebody out or throw a tantrum or something- whatever it takes. i'll even box you if that would make you feel better- but only online cause i'm not that big.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast