Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: i'm GOING to do it this time!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm seriously going to quit smoking this time. i'm on the patch and it helps alot. yesterday i put on a 20 mg patch and i was bouncing off the walls, so today i'm only using half a patch.

if anyone has any tips on quitting, PLEASE tell me cuz i really want to quit. i even have asthma.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to express my support. We're pullin' for ya!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, ya gotta do it. I started up again like a ding dong and now go through the process of deciding whether to get a couple gallons of gas of a half a pack of smokes. Try to change the stress levels in your day by whatever means possible and fill up your time with something leisurely like separating sundew seeds from the flower chaff. I'm pulling for you too !
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never smoked, but I think it would be useful to be angry at the cigarettes. You can't look at them as something you want, but can't have... that's where all the conflict comes from.

There is a group of people out there who have actually been charging you for the service of trying to kill you. Think about that every time you look at a cigarette, and get pissed. Refuse to ever pay them another penny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well the thing is i started in the 7th grade cuz my parents did it and i wanted to see what it was all about. it wasn't fun and so i thought (maybe if i try agian it'll be ok) and that's how i got hooked.

curiosity killed the cat

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm I don;t know how my dad did it. I think he was taking the presciption from the Doctor to get him started. I know its hard. I'm a profesional Bum. Social smoker if you will. I don't have to I just want to sometimes. Or if I am drinking I want a smoke. I don;t know any good advice because for myself if I don;t want to I don;t and don't think twice. My grandfather stopped smokine, after smokeing for MANY years, cold turkey. Never smoked again. AND THE MAN SMOKED CAMAL NON FILTERS!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck Clint. I know its a nasty addiction and I am pulling for you Bro!
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm really afraid i'll get fat too.

i figure even if i become addicted to the patch/gum, that can't hurt me right?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]i figure even if i become addicted to the patch/gum, that can't hurt me right?
    Well, you'd still be subjected to the nicotine, which isn't a happy thing. Being addicted to the patch would be better than the smokes if for no other reason than to give your lungs a break, but if you want to break the addiction, you're going to need to give nicotine the boot out of your system. Not to mention you don't want to escalate an addiction to nicotine by using the patch.

Good luck!
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast