Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 100*F

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It only got to like 91 here in New Haven... However, it was still enough to screw up my kitchen. I came in from a Sunday off and found that the freezer's compressor had just given out. No one was available to fix it (apparently it was a popular item to go down this weekend). I shoved what I could in fridges and carried the rest home to my freezer.
    An hour into service my Garde Manger hits the floor white as a ghost. Then around eight O'clock my head line cook (Chef de parte --or Chef de PARTAAAAY as I like to say) colapses as he's plating a ribeye. Garde Manger went home... line cook got his stuff together and came back.
    No matter how much I stress water, water, water to these guys the free soda is too much of a temptation for them. They're working over open flames for ten hours and the temp in the kitchen is always 10 to 15 degrees more than what it is outside. That, doubled with the thick chef's coats and hats, is more than enough to send you to the floor if you've got a hangover and trying to drink soda to recover.

urggghhh!!!
    Sturgeon's Law:
    "Nothing is always absolutely so".

http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The official weather station reports that we hit 104 yesterday. The thermometer on my patio said 108 (in the shade) for about 2 hours in the mid afternoon. I suppose at least its a way to test the limits of how much heat highland Nepenthes can stand. I shudder to think how the plants in full sun are feeling about this. Scary part is the forcast shows no signs of the heat letting up in the near future. Blehhhh... is it almost winter yet?

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys welcome to my world... 90s for a long time now w/ frickin 800% humidity which makes it feel like 112.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She'ssssss Baaaaaack!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's with this heatwave? There's one in Europe too, apparently! ARMAGEDDON?

Oh yeah but we do get 95F + 100% humidity here half the year. Even if your temps are higher at times, we still get the every-drop-of-sweat-sticks-to-you-becuz-the-air-is-saturated trophy. And running through a sprinkler doesn't work too well either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe...I can boast the highest temperature (to date, someone livin in Phoenix plz shoot me down)...114 F yesterday here in Pleasanton and it is suppose to be 111 F today. The weather people said this heatwave for us should be weakening later this week.....its been a scorcher!!!

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Blepharopsis, Where do you live?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]100*F, please kill me
    Sorry, no can do. Not even if the water is off, the electricity is off, and you're old and unable, and you'd be otherwise abandoned. Sorry, I don't need Louisiana prosecutors on my back, too. >_>
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast