What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100*F

Hard to write anything but profanity in this heat. Got the AC going and fans but anytime I try and do something I get overheated. I get to work OT tomorrow and it's going to be even hotter.
I can't be the only viking suffering in this desert heat please post your suggestions on keeping cool I think it'll benefit all of us!
smile.gif

all i can say is
smile_n_32.gif
im off to stand behind the contestants at the rodeo to take pictures, its 100 out now, drink some water and just deal with it from a fellow viking
smile_m_32.gif

Well, this is the regular temperature here in the tropics! We get this temp everyday!

Move slowly, keep out of the sun, and don't drink alcohol.

it was 102 here and i was suntanning
smile.gif

My ac is working so it's cool. Wish I could say the same for my sarras but the australian plants like it.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Yep, was 101 here today, and I had to work. Luckly I had to work planting a lake so it was alot nicer in the water all day. Going fishing tomorrow, supposed to be hotter here too..

heh....95*
smile_n_32.gif

93! HA I wn...
smile_n_32.gif
I had to be up from 7am - 4pm for a grage sale!

100f here in south Ga.today!To hot to do much of anything!

Jerry

I love summer.
smile.gif
I work in the heat everyday. All last week it was high 90's to 101 here. With my job it is an OSHA violation to wear shorts or tank tops. We have to wear hard hats and eavy boots. So not only do I have to work in the heat, I have to wear heavy clothes. It's hotter inside the building then it is outside. So we go outside to the 100 degree temps to cool off. If you're not use tothe heat you have totake it easy, and take plenty of breaks. Drink gatoraid if you have it. If not drink a lot of water and take sodium tablets.
Last year, I drank about a gallon of water during the work day. Guess how many times I would pee?

At work, we get the power turned on this week. I have alread wired all but 3 of the AC units, So you know what that means.
smile_n_32.gif

I lucked out-it's thundering and raining this morning of course, like usual our weatherman didn't predict any rain for the next two weeks.... so it's rained twice this week!
smile_n_32.gif

oh boy...its gonne be 102 today. but i think that is heat index

Oh I forgot to mention the humidity. We normally range between 95 and 100%. That's what makes it feel so hot.

"105 but with the humidity it will feel like 109"

WHEN WILL IT END

Its been sooo hot lately. Give the gas companies a week or two before they raise the prices an extra 5 cents and blame it on heat blowing up the tanks...

hm.... global warmings only gonna make it hotter.

I Dont want to grow up
mad.gif

108 today!

It's a nice 102 degrees here. I can't wait for the break in the heat we are gonna have on Wednsday!

temp.jpg

I think I'm gonna go out and have some fun that day.

Our break in the heat started yesterday. It's going to be a chilly 95 for the rest of the week. It'll feel like 105 with the humidity though.

Two words: ice water.

Back