Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My pet Hedgehog

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I remember, little treats are OK if you have her on a well-balanced staple diet. Can you get her to eat any veggies? My guy used to have a fondness for onions and asparagus, but I think he only ate it to be stinky. Fish too, he'd eat a little and then go to town washing his quills with fishy saliva. Hedgehogs are hilarious.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prickle the mighty steak hunter

My Hedgehog from a few years back. I can't believe I still have a geocities page. If it flops under the load I will move it to another site.

I have raised AP hedgies for years. I think they are awesome. I just have one now having sold the rest and and a few pass from old age (8+ years). They are awesome pets. You can feed them the same beetles you give to your Neps.
    Sincerely,
    Brendhan

Apprently posting fully clothed non sexual photos of myself pisses off the mods. Well I do my part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (0zzy @ July 19 2006,5:39)]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]she's triple that size now. oh and my friend halie is holding her
    Are you talking about the hedgehog or your friend.
    I was tempted to ask that about the last paragraph.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the hedgie duh lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont get it why do you have to have a breeders liscence? Sounds like a pain! My old after school stuff (back in like 5th grade) had a pet hedghog, I bet they didnt have a liscence!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a pet hedgehog but there live some wild ones in my garden, I love them ! Somethimes we feed them dogfood

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what amazing little creatures... i don't even think we have them in florida. I 've never seen them. What prompted you to choose a hedghog for a pet?

Breeders licenses, laws, etc go by state. Some have them, some don't. Its good in some regards to stop idiots from raising certain animals. Like cougars...:O it just makes life a bit more difficult for them to keep.

jorick, I would nix the dog food feeding on wild animals.... don't want to give them liver damage or worse with all the crap in there. just get a box of cheerios or other more plain stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can have AP Hedgehogs in Florida if you intend to breed them you must get a license from the Florida Fish and Wildlife commision to sell and exhibit wildlife. The amount of hedgehogs you have decides what level of license you need to get. This is basically the same license that zoos in Florida must have.

You can buy AP hedgehogs in most pet stores. The thing I recommend if you get one is buy one that is registered and has a lineage history. It will help with disease issues and make sure you get a quality hedgie.
    Sincerely,
    Brendhan

Apprently posting fully clothed non sexual photos of myself pisses off the mods. Well I do my part.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast