Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My pet Hedgehog

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A hedgepiggie! How cute. I'll bet she's entertaining.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ Jojo - it's not that i did fed it every day... actually this year I haven't seem them ( they are with three ) probably because of the dog.

What do you mean with crap in there ? My dog eats it !

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dog food has alot of byproducts (eyeballs, guts, bones). online they say to feed your hedgie special hedgehog food (i do) or high protein low fat cat food that says turkey, beef, chicken, fish etc in the ingredient. your not supposed to use food that says beef byproduct, chicken byproduct, etc.

i chose a hedgehog for a pet because i've wanted one for about 7 years and it's waaaay cooler than a hamster or guinea pig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to have a ferret... you could feed them cat food if you had to, but dog food was out of the question.

Totally different animals of course. But if the animal needs a lot of animal matter in its food, dog food won't help much. Low quality dog food anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do no feed your hedgie vita kraft. I recommend the 8in1 pro.

live mealworms and beeles and crikets are also good.

Sincerely,
    Brendhan
    Sincerely,
    Brendhan

Apprently posting fully clothed non sexual photos of myself pisses off the mods. Well I do my part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend of my fiance had one. She eventually gave it to a hedgehog farm because it was getting to be a bit much and the laws here in GA (I think). Anyway she convinced me to hold it once and it was ok. Then she it was calm enough that I could pet it, to start at the front and gently pet backwards. Well as soon as I touched it, it got startled, jumped back, and stuck me in the palm of my hand. I let her take it back then...
    Updated Growlist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm they bite? never mind... things that bite me, snakes, scorpions, spiders....i just am afraid of... i guess that is part of the draw for some...

dog food... hmmm. yes my dogs eat it too. and its formulated for their digestions. and they have been domesticated for ever to eat that kind of stuff. and yest most of it is crap. but, i am not doing the raw diet, and i am not cooking for them...grin. so high quality dog food...ok for dogs..

but most wild animals, or even livestock, shouldn't be fed it. fore most liver and kidney damage can happen. bloat, colic, toximia (from chems in dog food), etc....2nd is the meat/ground byproducts for the possibility of BSE and other meat related diseases being passed to animals that can get it. and then they say not to feed like animals like food... ie. pork chops to a pig...grin... which i have one of those... but hey, i feed chicken to my macaw... Its all in what you feel comfy with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first off, im sure they do bite, but its more or less the spines you have to worry about. Thats what they were inteded for is protection.

I feed my ferrets Purina kitten food or something like that, and they are happy and healthy inquisitive ferrets to say the least!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast