What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My pet Hedgehog

Do no feed your hedgie vita kraft. I recommend the 8in1 pro.

live mealworms and beeles and crikets are also good.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

A friend of my fiance had one. She eventually gave it to a hedgehog farm because it was getting to be a bit much and the laws here in GA (I think). Anyway she convinced me to hold it once and it was ok. Then she it was calm enough that I could pet it, to start at the front and gently pet backwards. Well as soon as I touched it, it got startled, jumped back, and stuck me in the palm of my hand. I let her take it back then...

Hmmm they bite? never mind... things that bite me, snakes, scorpions, spiders....i just am afraid of... i guess that is part of the draw for some...

dog food... hmmm. yes my dogs eat it too. and its formulated for their digestions. and they have been domesticated for ever to eat that kind of stuff. and yest most of it is crap. but, i am not doing the raw diet, and i am not cooking for them...grin. so high quality dog food...ok for dogs..

but most wild animals, or even livestock, shouldn't be fed it. fore most liver and kidney damage can happen. bloat, colic, toximia (from chems in dog food), etc....2nd is the meat/ground byproducts for the possibility of BSE and other meat related diseases being passed to animals that can get it. and then they say not to feed like animals like food... ie. pork chops to a pig...grin... which i have one of those... but hey, i feed chicken to my macaw... Its all in what you feel comfy with.

first off, im sure they do bite, but its more or less the spines you have to worry about. Thats what they were inteded for is protection.

I feed my ferrets Purina kitten food or something like that, and they are happy and healthy inquisitive ferrets to say the least!

the quills don't really hurt, it's more like an itchy pin small. and they don't come out and stay in you like a porkupine.

if they are friendly, they bit when you have something smelly on your hands like perfume, then they lick it into a foam and spread it over the quills. or they bite when you have food scent on you. it doesn't break the skin.

yeah, once it licked my moms perfume and it had alcohol. it sort of passed out but it's ok now
smile.gif

she's a drunk
biggrin.gif

Clint you didn;t name her sonic by any chance did you? LOL Cute little girl she is. You have my interest raised now. Interesting.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ July 21 2006,8:37)]yeah, once it licked my moms perfume and it had alcohol. it sort of passed out but it's ok now
smile.gif

she's a drunk
biggrin.gif
Hehe, maybe he should have named her Anna Nicole.
~Joe

her name is charo... coochi coochi coochi!

Awww too cute! I wish I could have one, but apparently they are illegal in the state of California. Boo hooo.

Man No ferrets or Hedghogs their? how do you survive? do you adopt hippies or something? I bet they would make great pets

Except for the occasional Scolding

"What did I tell you Ocean Eyes? No smoking in the Family room!"

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Awww too cute! I wish I could have one, but apparently they are illegal in the state of California. Boo hooo.

Yeah! That!

You can't have bloody JACK in California. I'm starting to get mighty fed up with it. Heaven FORBID if a hedgehog or ferret were to escape and survive- the racoon population would have competition!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Hfrfmmmm... California. >_<

hahahahaha... that made me laugh est... I dont know whats wrong with coons, they would make great pets! They have Such a personality its funny. But even then, Im sure responsible people would care for the rets or hedg's. But then again theirs that hippy who doesnt care for them and wants them to be free living in the wild.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]But even then, Im sure responsible people would care for the rets or hedg's. But then again theirs that hippy who doesnt care for them and wants them to be free living in the wild.

Alas, we can't blame it all on the hippies.

While I understand the precautions people must take to protect environments from potentially devestating exotics, I'd have an easier time with it all if anybody here actually cared about protecting the environment here.

No, instead we give strawberry and other crop growers special permission to use otherwise illegal pesticides and chemicals, destroy our wetlands so that we can replace it with the mediocrity of identical stucco houses, frivolously use water, engage in some abyssmal horticultural/agricultural/forestry practices....

Um... End rant. I just want some freaking animals.
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]apparently they are illegal in the state of California
Is there anything that's NOT illegal in California? That's why I'm moving back to Michigan as soon as I can.

pfff skrew MI, move to NC... help out the actions that are need their! Any ways, Michigain sucks... Go buckeyes

This is rather funny as I hate Foot ball!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] move to NC
Can a machinist find work there? I used to be stationed in Norfolk, Va when I was in the Navy and my buddies and I used to go down there lots of times. ever heard of the Dismal Swamp? It's right there at the Va/Nc state line. Never saw cp's there though.
I'm just tired of living in a communist police state called California and want to go where the cost of living is reasonable and can find gainful employment. I grew up in Detroit so that's naturally the firsy place I would go.

Back