Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ July 22 2006,1:38)]
    Anyone out there speak Thai?
    William -

As fate would have it, yes. (Although it's too far to walk, so I really can't help you up there)

Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ July 22 2006,1:38)]
    Food is more than diet....it's comfort and friends and new experiences.

I hear ya there! Collectively, food and sex are probably the most intimately entwined with our self-image and comfort-zone boundaries.

I feel for y'all - wish there were something I could do.

Ron
    Droserae will inherit the earth.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was thinking about it, and my Brother's wife's father is allergic to gluten. I don't think he has celiacs, but he seems to have little problem eating. They're a Chinese family, so if you're looking for good gluten free recipes, Asian may be a good way to go.

I feel for you all, I'm sure it must be difficult to have to be so vigilant for something that we're all used to being so simple. And sure recipes are great and all, but sometimes you just don't want to cook. My love to all you guys, and if there's ever anything I can do, let me know.

Quote[/b] ]As fate would have it, yes. (Although it's too far to walk, so I really can't help you up there)
    lol, maybe you could supply a few lines that they might need to find out of the food has gluten? Easier said than done, I'm sure.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been drinking Magners (hard cider) it's good but not beer. I also made a slammin' eggplant pasta with rice pasta. I almost like the rice pasta better than the wheat (it absorbs flavors more --not to mention I got 800 lbs for 2 cents at the local asian market).
    I never realized but I have a lot of gluten free items on my menu.
    Mussels
    Seared Salmon and coconut rice
    Ribeye with molasses bourbon butter
    all salads are GF
    and I also have a housemade flourless chocolate cupcake
    and a hot banana split.

I wanted to open a vegan restaurant (with carnivorous plants as decor) but I think I may lean toward this instead.
    It's only been 5 days but I already feel better (with the exception of the constant hunger).
    Sturgeon's Law:
    "Nothing is always absolutely so".

http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance of getting that flourless cupcake recipe? I realize this is like asking a dentist to fill a tooth for free, but I'm desperate! BTW Scotch whiskey is ok, in case you tire of the bourbon. Thanks for the idea of the cider, not sure if we have this here where god burys his old socks but I'll be asking.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I hear this is often the case, which is hy I'm convinced there is more going on with my own condition that simple celiac disease.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Thanks for the idea of the cider, not sure if we have this here where god burys his old socks but I'll be asking.
    You can actually make some pretty decent hard cider yourself. It's just a matter of buying some juice you like, adding some (good) yeast and letting it ferment. It's nice doing it yourself because you can adjust the level of alcohol; you can let it set long enough only such that it becomes carbonated, or you can add more sugar in and let it sit longer for a real kick.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an aunt who is Celiacs. They say it runs in the family and comes in varying degrees. This makes me shudder.

I bought a S. "Tarnok" at Whole Foods for 9.99. They had "Judith Hindle" and "Dixie Lace". Keep a look out for the plants while you're looking for the gluten free beer.
    If this is today, imagine tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being a southerner I don't think i'll tire of bourbon
    not quite like asking a dentist... the days of chefs keeping their ingredients secret are long gone. Mainly, for the reason of the topic of this thread. So many people have so many different allergies that you have to list just about everything that goes into your dish. Now if you asked me to cook it for you then I'd have to charge you a 100 bucks plus food cost.

The cupcake recipe is a little bit of a process but desperate times...

16 oz bittersweet chocolate
    8 oz butter

6 eggs
    4 tsp sugar

1/2 cup heavy cream
    1 tsp vanilla

Melt chocolate and butter together in a double boiler (a microwave will work also just don't burn your chocolate). Mix well and let cool to room temp.

Whip the eggs and sugar to 3X their volume. fold in chocolate. Fold in heavy cream and vanilla
    Spray two muffin tins well with pam and fill 3/4 of the way full. Cover the pans with foil and put ino a 400 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
    (sidenote... I sometimes put the muffin tins onto a sheet pan that has some water in it... it keeps them from cooking to fast on the bottom.)

I cut the cupcakes in half and fill them with fresh whipped cream and chocolate ganache (8 oz of chocolate mixed with 8 oz heavy cream and 2 oz of your favorite liquere) drizzled over the top. It gives hostess a run for its money.
    Sturgeon's Law:
    "Nothing is always absolutely so".

http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin, is corn starch GF? I am chinese and if you want recipes for starchy/sticky sauces I'll have them. Thai ones too 'cos I love thai food.
    Cindy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast