What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a nice relaxing weekend

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
friday we got an invite to head to my inlaws cabin bout 75 miles away. saturday morning we got up and worked a lil bit and drove to see a talk on the dinosaurs of the Hell Creek Formation(the area around Fort Peck Lake) put on by Jack Horner. was an interesting talk. afterwards we headed up to the cabin. had a nice reaxing afternoon at the cabin and then got up at 5am yesterday to hit the lake fishing. a friend had said that there were few walleyes being caught so we fished for northerns instead and headed to some points on the south side of the lake. the wife caught the first one and got it to the boat where i had the messy job of getting the hook out of the slimey buggers mouth. was a keeper and we threw him in the livewell.

well the water got rough and white capping so we headed back twords the Pines to fish a lil longer. my FIL caught a nice sized goldeye that we threw back and i managed to catch the smallest northern ive ever seen, must have been all of 6 inches long. the crankbait i was using was twice as wide as he was. never heard of such a lil fish taking the hook on somethin that was DEFINATLY to big to eat. ive caught small snot rockets before but this was rediculous. anyways it was getting hot so we headed back in for lunch and a nap before heading back home.

here is a pic of the wife with her snot rocket, she forgot the camera so we didnt get a pic of mine
smile_n_32.gif

IMG_0047.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]here is a pic of the wife with her snot rocket, she forgot the camera so we didnt get a pic of mine

That camera conveniently- I mean, unfortunately, was thrown overboard just before they could get a picture of your monster catch.
laugh.gif

lol actually i wish there would have been a camera, ive never seen a fish that small take on a lure that much bigger than it. would have been nice to get a pic of it
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ July 31 2006,12:50)]here is a pic of the wife with her snot rocket
LOL! Never heard of that before. That is funny!

ever catch a pike? they have a layer of slime on them that gets all over everything and they are built like a torpedo sooooooooooooo we call them snot rockets
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

I used to catch those back in Mich. Kind of remind me of a freshwater barricuda. Good eatin' too
smile_m_32.gif
Out here in Calif., they poison the lakes and rivers to eradicate them. Pretty sad though, because all the other fish get eradicated in the process.

yeah they is right hungry buggers, eat anything and everything that fits in their mouths and aparently will tackle stuff that dont
smile_n_32.gif
that one the wife caught is a lil one, seen some pulled out of the lake about 3 times longer

lol, i thought you meant she held one nostril shut and blew snot...

hazzah!

Back