What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New RO Filter

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
I've recently moved to a house that is more than twice as far from the grocery store as my last place. Not only that, but I'm nowhere near a bus stop and there are hills along the way. Last year, I just barely kept up with my water needs carrying jugs fron the store by hand. This year, I have nearly twice the trays to keep watered, so I haven't even tried to fetch water by hand. But, I'm getting tired of bumming rides to the store off of my friends, so I broke down and purchased an RO filter from Aquasafe on eBay.
My auction.
So, does anybody have one of these, or a similar unit? I'm looking for advice on how to hook it up. There's just an input and a waste output and the tap, so I don't think it'll be too confusing, but I'm also not a plumber so I need a little advice on attaching the wastewater line to my drain and such. My hot and cold pipes have what look to be half-inch screw-on connectors from flexible metal-braided hoses, and the joints are easily accessible. My drain is equipped with a disposal before going into an inch wide PVC trap. The sink where I want to install it has a spray-hose that I never use - I'd like to take the sprayer out and replace it with the tap from the RO filter.
Any help would be great - thanks,
~Joe

Back