Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone been poisoned by Levaquin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I'm going to be inquiring about that because the new stuff they gave her yesterday is also a bacterial antibiotic so I'm making sure she isn't using it.

AFAIK (from what she told me wed after returning from her initial visit) her doctor merely assumed she had Pneumonia -in the 100*F heatwave we've been having? Dr. only did a white cell count, no bacterial ID. Her chest x ray last night showed no signs of Pneumonia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ppl can get pneumonia any time of the year, its just more common in winter, just like the the flu and common cold are more common in the winter. kinda odd to diagnose pneumonia based on just a white blood cell count IIRC an xray is normally done but im no doc.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll keep your mother in my prayers.

Take care.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate your concern folks! Well, they did do the chest x ray yesterday (and never sent it off) when I rushed her in but this was already after she'd been poisoned by jumping headlong into dosing her with the middle strength dose 500 mg of a drug that is supposed to be used as a last resort before hospitalization.

I took her today to see her regular doctor and she fell down the last stair or two. I got her to the office and sure enough "I've never seen anyone react like this to Levaquin..." "Those people online have no idea what they're talking about..." after checking her little Ipod thing "Hmm, I guess the FDA does say this is bad for heart disease and diabetes (she has both) and causes mental distortion, dizziness and imbalance" so she obviously is a darn idiot who can't/won't do her own research on the garbage she's prescribing even when she has access to it. Since the office never sent the x rays off me and the doctor looked at them and there really isn't anything in her lungs compared with her chest x rays from years ago. A few strands more but nothing dramatic standing out one from the other.

She also told me that "It doesn't matter if I prescribe a bacterial anti-biotic for a viral infection, it works the same" and that's not what I've read. Now they'e doing blood tests to see if this Levaquin has destroyed her liver or kidneys. Comprehensive blood test I think she called it.

If she gets any worse I'm definately taking her to a different doctors office and making xeroxes of everything when I go and demand her medical records from these people. ahyuking unbelieveable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]She also told me that "It doesn't matter if I prescribe a bacterial anti-biotic for a viral infection, it works the same" and that's not what I've read.
    well your right. bacterial infections are treated by antibiotics which kill the bacteria. anti-viral drugs on cover up or prevent the spread of the virus. a virus is a non-living thing therefore it cant be killed.
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it does not work the same. you need a new doc NOW and i would start seriously talking with a lawyer familiar with medical malpractice. im generally not one who is in favor of sueing someone but this screams gross negligence to me.
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey swords yah mind if i run this by a couple lawyers i know.........not sure if it will be a great help to you as they are on the other side of the country but i might be able to scrounge up some free legal advise for you
    cervid serial killer

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]after checking her little Ipod thing "Hmm, I guess the FDA does say this is bad for heart disease and diabetes (she has both) and causes mental distortion, dizziness and imbalance"
    THAT is just horrendous! I'm with Rattler...I'm not for being lawsuit-happy, but you can't have doctor's flippantly handing out Rxs and not really knowing the contraindications for them. I do believe that was negligent. If they don't know it offhand...then they need to quickly look it up on a computer, compare it to the patient's chart BEFORE prescribing something.

Geezzzzzzz.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast