Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Funny story

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]we just got out CPU back from the computer guy, the microphone wouldn't work.
    Mics are funny. I wasn't paying attention a while back and I was setting up my headset so I could talk to a friend over the net... I ended up switching the mic and headphones jacks (two empty ports, so 50:50 chance, I figured.) So when I tried out the chat, I could hear myself coming out of the speakers, and he could hear everything coming out of my computer. I figure that could be a useful thing to know in the future, useful for what- I have no idea.

Another interesting story: My friends were in spanish class and some funny noises started to come from the computer. My friend Alex gets up and as he approaches it he says "theres a ball bearing off in the fan..." Jason gets up, calls Alex an idiot, and says "It might be the fan... But somehow it doesn't sound like it." Now both of these guys are fairly knowledgable about computers.

Random computer illiterate girl gets up, walks over... Listens... And turns off the vaccum cleaner. Sound stops. Looks like everybody is too quick to blame the machine and discount human carelessness- folks, remember to turn off your vaccuum cleaner or you'll blame the noises on someone you love.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Pak, actually he should have charged her double for being an idiot. I'm a firm beleive that people should pay to be stupid. After all, they make more work for the smart people.

Yeah? Well, I know this guy who drove all the way from New York to New Jersey to the Pine Barrens with his baby who missed everybody and had to drive all the way back after only being there for a few minutes.

I also know a guy who wrecked a TRAIN. And I don't believe he had to pay for the train he wrecked.

Hey...I just have to stick up for my kind...all the idiots of the world.

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Aug. 08 2006,5:35)]LMAO Sorry Joe! I guess I have a sick sence of humor.
    Hehe, no worries. I've heard and seen worse (my dad is a doctor and I sometimes help him sort through his case photos) but that one was particularly... distressing. I'd guess that after you've been in that line of work for a while, you have to get a sense of humor about those things.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrecked a train? LOL what a dumb_ _ _ .

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know! Can you imagine??!!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh I h just had another one tonight...
    I have a whiskey ribeye on the menu (molasses bourbon butter sauce) and a table of 18 ordered three of them. The server comes back with one that only had a single bite taken from it and says "the lady complained she said this was not a ribeye that it was a sirloin."
    I went out to speak with the lady.
    "ma'am this is a ribeye."
    "no, you do not know what you're talking about. Ribeyes have the little bone in the center."
    "no Ma'am that's a porterhouse"
    "No you're wrong, you need to talk to your meat supplier."

some people...
    Sturgeon's Law:
    "Nothing is always absolutely so".

http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kahnli, if we're going to get in to infuriating/idiotic people/situation stories:

Ok, last Christmas my dad found a great deal on a digital camera and he got it for me for Christmas. Despite the deal, it is still a very expensive item. After a few months of use -nothing too out of the ordinary for a camera- I get a problem where all the sound that plays back is garbled. While it wasn't a big deal, I wanted to get it fixed. The camera was still under warranty, so I figure, "why not?"

I go to the Konica website only to find that they'd sold the repair rights to Sony. Ok, fine. I go to Sony's site and fill out the repair request stuff. They tell me "Here's the closest Peferred Repair Station" -ie a place not owned by Sony, but a place that is recommended by them. Also fine.

I do all the paper work and then go to my local UPS store where I have the camera professionally wrapped and boxed by an employee and sent out. It takes a while, but I eventually get the camera back.

I open up the box (being careful because there's a camera inside) and I pull out my camera. I turn it on- 'hey cool, the sound is fixed, I didn't know if they'd be able to to it.' I turn the camera around and It's scratched like hell! The metal exterior of the camera had about 4 large scratches with varying depth. Looked as if the camera had been slid across some blunt object or something. I don't have pictures of it, but take my word for it- it's BAD. These weren't something that could be buffed out or something, and besides the monetary value, this camera had sentimental value attatched to it.

So I go email the folks who did the repairs... Wait 5 days for response. They tell me their Konica rep will email me within the next 5 bus days. 2x that length of time goes by with no response. So I email them again and get the same response. Still no reply from the rep. I email them again, ignored two times. Months have gone by, but I'm still VERY angry, so after weeks of no reply, I send a last message saying "this's my last attempt, I'm going to contact Sony and Konica after this point. All of the emails up to this point (including the 2 unreplied to emails from me) are included below for refernce" And what do you know- they reply!

What does the response say?

"Your camera has been repaired and shipped out of our facility on 6/13/06. The UPS tracking number for your camera is XXXXXXX. You may track your camera at www.ups.com If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us. Thank you for choosing XXXXXXXX."

Can sombody- ANYbody explain to me how I'm not supposed to go thermonuclear on these people? Gee- it's 2 months later, I supply the ENITRE set of emails, and I get THIS REPLY?! *twitch*

Great recommended service, Sony! Gee!
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would call Sony, the camera manufacturer and the repair place and talk to someone about this. Thats realy F-ed up. You get a brand new camera for it to be like this now. Yippie.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast