wow, Ok, Im not going to start a new thread because the answer to making a solar sill is incredibly easy, it only took me two sites to find out how to make an effective one, it is definitly slow though!
here is a link to what I think I am going to modify:
explained by me, if you dont want to click the link
1. Get a bowl with a large surface area
2. Place a container or cup that is taller then the amount of water you will put into the bowl
3. Place water in the bowl just below the rim of the cup or container
4. Cover with Clear plastic wrap (another site I saw just used white garbage bag plastic wrap)
5. place a small weight (rock, etc.) on top of plastic just above container or glass
6. leave out in sun the tap water will evaporate and then slide off of the downward facing "cone" you have made with the weight on the plastic and condense into the glass!
7: FYI I am going to try this with a container that has an extremely large surface area and is moderatly deep so that when the water evaporates and collects into my container, i can have more water then a measely little cup provides
Finally, a way to distill water without spending ANY MONEY!
(It only works on sunny days)
But Missouri has LOTS of sunny days!!!
(sorry for those of you who dont live where it is sunny)