What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ive got this growing all over my back yard

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
anyone know what it is?
924896f7.jpg

6c7848d8.jpg

japanese maple?

I'm not trying to say anything here, but to me it looks almost like a marijuana plant. Heck, what do I know? lol

-Ben

Yeah! maybe hemp or something of the same specices

It looks like it could be a Jatropha to me - has it got a tuber or caudex? Not all do but it would help. Maybe multifida?

Best regards
Chris

J. multifida lacks the serrated edge, but you may be on to something. It does bear some minor resemblance to the Cannibaceae, except the leaves of cannabis and hops and the like are fuzzier and have more parallel veins and lobes; the serration isn't right either. It almost looks like the foliage of J. paradoxa, but given rattler's location I have doubts. How many Jatropha range into Montana? I mean, I can see it happening given the distribution of the genus, but only a few oddballs at best.
After looking a little more, it kind of looks like my J. gossypifolia, except the leaves aren't the right color quite. Are the joints of the petioles and nodes surrounded by small glands? They look kind of like Drosera tentacles, superficially, and sometimes secrete sap.
~Joe

you guys are no fun, figured i would get atleast a couple pms telling me to destroy it or risk arrest...................................

actually its Hibiscus cannabinus, im waiting on flowers

Ok wise guy try telling that to Copper ! No reaalllyy it's a hibiscus, yea hibiscus. Got any doritos ?? Let him have it Rose.

ofcourse i knew, i planted the dang things, i do have about a hundred of them, 4 different varieties. look up kenaf if yah want to know more about it

Wow, this topic was a bit misleading
Even if you know what it is, I think that you should take the oppurtunity with large quatities of Roundup to destroy it to make room for MORE CPS!

(heh heh heh)

my climate aint condusive to large quantities of CP's, 100 degree days with 15% humidity during the summer and -40 before windchill during January and Febuary. i grow other plants, not just CP's
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

BTW i ment it to be misleading, was hoping to get a better reaction out of someof those who are just sorta familiar with marijuana but it didnt work as well as i had hoped
confused.gif

I'd be into getting some seed of these plants, they do look a lot like MJ. I could grow 'em and have my neighbor call the cops. They'd investigate and then I would be the guy growing the stuff that looks just like MJ but isn't. There are possibilities here....

There's is also a plant in the pea family called "Spider Flower" that has leaves remarkably like C. indica. I could have an entirely bogus MJ garden.

I only haveone question, have you smoked any yet?

i always thought kitty-whiskers (maybe they have different common names in different places) looked like pot.

LOL I want some too. To bad the cop that lives next door to me is no longer there. There are other plants that look like pot, but None that I know of that smell lke it.
smile_n_32.gif
I say a plant at a nursery once that I swore was one, but leaves were smaller. This was of course before I saw one in person.

you can go to a site called newimageplants.com and buy a silk MJ plant. Looks super real. Thats the place they bought all the plants for the showtime series weeds, about a suberbon mom who sells pot. Plants come complete with silk buds too. LOL There was a story about it in our newspaper.

omg, i love that show! i can't wait untill the second season.

her dealer is the funniest person i've ever seen lmao "I can eyeball and ounce from outer space with my glasses on" lmao

I haven;t heard of the show till the paper came out.

lmao, you gotta go rent it dude it's some of the funniest stuff ever.

don't do drugs, kids.

Back