Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another funny one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When someone makes a possibly racist remark, I remark back in some way that- if they were just making plain fun they will laugh at mine the same as they laughed at their own, but if they were driving at something less than plain fun, they will get all defensive. I was not trying to say that anyone is a complete racist, just using my sarcasm to point out some of the subtle racisms that pervade our culture (most all of us). The nice thing about hypocrisy is it's a train we all can ride, even the most righteous. Done--

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No sir. There is a difference between kidding around and making full blown accusations. Being told to
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]your elite whiteness is blinding everyone
    implies that I was being a white elitist with my white robe and hood on looking to oppress someone. That could be farther from the truth. When someone makes comments like that, and they do not get defended then that says I'm OK with being labeled that, and it keeps on going like that till that is my reputation, when it is not true. I was recently accused of doing something I was not doing, and had I not defended myself I would be divorced right now. So what makes you think I am not going to defend myself when I am accused of being in the clan??

Also obviously with only 26 posts you haven't been around much or have your head under a rock for some time Throckmoron. This is the general discussion thread where things other than plants are discussed. So this comment
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Oh yeah this is a carnivorous plants forum not the Grand Brotherhood of the Old South convention!
    just holds true to the second half of your screen name.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Owch. lol
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with every post. It's way too easy to perpetuate stereotypes, whether of black welfare mothers or of Southern white racists. There's no doubt in my mind that the joke's about a black woman, from the downtown location, to her dialect, to that name Leroy. We had plenty of jokes like that when I was a kid in Mississippi and we didn't analyze them or think too much about them. I'd say we didn't think of them as being racist, but I remember we tried to never repeat them to the black kids we knew. On the other hand, Throckmoron's "sarcasm" accuses Josh of being in the Klan. That's a serious escalation and, like accusing someone of being a nazi or a sl ut, it's hard to take it as humor.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here I thought it was picking on us rednecks . If it was supposed to be racist, wouldn't the kids have all been named George?
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    see, everyone can interpret it differently.

george?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah George Forman.George Foreman had 7 children -- 5 boys named George and 2 daughters, Freeda George and Georgetta.
    I don't think Josh ment any harm he was telling a joke.

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George Foreman. ALL of his kids are named George. Remember the grill commercials? This dude has like 50 kids! lol!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast