My habanero story is that I sometimes took habaneros to work to give away. *One time someone cut one into strips and was getting people to try them. *He went to a new guy who was watching and said he had to try it to show he's part of the team. *So new guy took a whole pepper and bit off half. *He probably did two chews before his eyes popped and he did the desperate dash for relief.
So I went home at the end of the day and told my wife about it. She decided to show off by eating an entire habanero. *Of course the same thing happened to her. *She was pretty miserable the rest of the night. *But the next day she was really sick and I couldn't understand why. * She couldn't understand either and said she had even taken extra antacids to stop the burning. *I asked how many and, if I remember correctly, the number was 18. *She had taken a couple, still felt the heat and kept taking more through the evening. *She definitely shouldn't be allowed anywhere near medication and that antacid overdose kept her sick for a couple days.