Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Habanero pepper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

wow...the legends are true....habanero peppers are hot! i had a single pepper from about 6 plants(which stunk) and tried a piece after dinner today...well it was hot. i still got the taste in my mouth! anyone else tried it?
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've got this hot sauce (After Death Sauce) that has red and yellow habenero peppers in it. It's pretty hot stuff- but sooo good. I'm working on building up my tolerance.

Whenever handling very hot peppers, you probably want to wear gloves to avoid getting pepper juice: under your fingernails, in cuts, in your eyes, etc.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep i did that. i ahd this hotsauce called Endorphine Rush. OMG was it hot! it had "deep red", green and yellow habaneros, ones called mini bombers(name explains) and jalapenos. wow i about had a heart attack! i hadd the smallest bit too! this place i got it was called Tijuana Flats. they have hot sauce there that you can only buy if your 18+. it doesnt have alcohol in it...its just so outrageously hot!
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love 'em.. a friend of mine has supposedly sourced out some kind of pepper that is (no joke) THREE TIMES hotter (900,00 on the Scoville rating system) so here's hoping- I only have 3 bushes of habaneros this year and I'm hoping they kick in sometime soon since they have been pretty non-fruitful so far
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmm, sounds like both of you guys have got some growing, eh? How easy are they to grow? I might give 'em a shot if environmental conditions here permit.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to grow them in pots and overwintered them indoors. With that headstart, they ripened more peppers before the sun angle and temperatures got too low. But I began using my sunny indoor spaces for other things, such as Neps, and don't grow Habaneros anymore. I'd probably still start a couple plants every spring except that I don't have nearly enough room to start the tomatoes and other chiles I like more.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yum! Habaneros. Love the sting and the fruity notes.

I've grown them too. I think they are very pretty. I don't have my veggie garden any more. I should have tried them in pots.

I love hot stuff. Its an addiction, you know.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have them growing oustide in my yard. They grow pretty slow compared to other peppers. The plant I have is twice as hot as a regular Habanero. It's funny because I wouldnt dare eat those things so they just kinda sit on the plants. My cats avoid even touching the plant.

The only time I ever got someone to eat it was when I (very carefully) grated a full peper and put it in my girlfriends omelet on April fools. She HATED me for the rest of the month. Its funny because she got half way done with the omelet before the heat really started. I even snapped a few pics of her running around the house screaming.
    My life sucks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast