What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horse Problems

• Thread starter FarmerDave
  • Start date
Yesterday at about 7 o'clock my mom and dad came back from riding horses and according to What I heard from my parents was that the saddle sliped on my dad's current riding horse (named Sundance) and he fell of while the saddle slipped underneith the horse and spooked him which caused him to run about a mile or so down the road where he did infact jump over a couple of fences. Upon them coming home I learned that all of this happened and whenever the vet came over we learned that he had snapped one of his vital ligaments in his front right leg. because the paine was so bad the vet gave Sundance some antimflamitory and two doses of tranqulisers, of course my mom was balling her eyes out this whole time, but we managed to build him a corale and we also learned that he will have to stay in the corale for 6 months to a year, and may still be unridable. when he got into the corale (druged as heck) he layed down and fell asleep. now It's 10:30 and he still hasen't gotten up yet so my mom's worried as heck. we are all a little stressed out and I personally don't know what to do.

so come comfort would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks

You can find out some more info about it Here

i'm very sorry, i love horsies! no way i'd ever get on one though.
i got bit by a horse once, it REALLY surprised me because you never hear of a hoarse biting someone :-o

i'm sure he'll make it just fine.

We have horses as well. I'm sorry to hear that happened! The waiting to see if he is okay for a year will be tough. I had something similar happen to a young pony this summer. He got caught in a barbed wire fence and thrashed around until it cut down to the bone. It cut ligaments as well. I was afraid he would lose the use of his leg because circulation had been cut off for too long. He seems fine now, he can use the leg, but it has taken every day twice a day of doctoring it. He still has a limp and may always have it. His leg is still swollen, its about twice the size it is supposed to be. He has a lot of healing left to go, but I think he will be fine. I wish you all the best with your horse. It's hard watching them suffer and not knowing if there is anything you can do for them

Thanks for your comforting advice and words, but tomorrow mornig he's going to be put down because there's less than a 20% chance that he will ever be able to walk again and he's already cost us $2000 since the accident. But at lest he'll be put out of his pain.
(tearing at the eyes)

Bye

i'm sorry, i remember when my rents put our dog cocoa down.

Sorry to hear about your horse Dave. It's amazing how we bond with our animals. No matter how big or small, cold blooded or warm blooded, or creepie crawlies of some kind, we miss them when the are gone.

yeah it's really sad, and what a coincidence that my mom's other horse's name is Coca

I'm SO sorry to hear this Dave. I know how hard it is. I've been there. Its losing a family member.
smile_h_32.gif

You and your family have my utmost sympathy. Geez...I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

Its a rough thing I wish you didn't have to go through but the only comfort is to know he won't suffer.

smile_h_32.gif

Thanks everybody, he's gone now but as everyone says "he's in a better place now"

I grew up with horses and my parents still have a few ...
I'm very sorry. my thoughts are with you.

Back