What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Article I just got in my email

smile_k_ani_32.gif

Just maybe, socialized medicine is not all its cracked up to be?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Just maybe, socialized medicine is not all its cracked up to be?

Even without reading the article I can tell you that there are ups and downs to the system. some of the major downs including the some major wait times involved.

Looking at the article (if you can call it that) I'm not too impressed either way. They need to make some cuts and reorganize some things to make it more efficient- is that worse than not being able to pay for your medical care at all?

In a socialized medical system, you need to keep cost efficiency in mind. I'm not saying we should start analyzing cost benefits to decide whether a person's life is worth the effort or something. The article itself says they're working on updating the system. :shrug: Ups and downs to every system.

Blair's government has been trying to make the UK more like the US and less like Europe. The various problems show he's succeeding.

Yeah Est I wasn't too impressed by the article either, but I still thoguht I would post it. Personaly I believe both systems are flawed, and I don't have an answer. So who knows.

This is nothing new - there are always stories like this every few months.

Back