Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Caring CP Lovers

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Everybody

As most of you know, our dear Bugweed has been MIA for quite a while. He is going through a very difficult time. It is also my understanding that his computer is broken so he is cut off from all his CP friends in a time when he needs support.

I'm sure the vast majority of you have been through stressful times yourself. And I'm sure you know how much it means to you to have your friends' love and support surrounding you. Since Buggie isn't around, we can't show that to him here.

So...I was thinking maybe we could each send Bug a note, a card...anything...by snailmail (YES! Snailmail!) so that he will be aware how much we miss him.

How many times has Bugweed made you laugh? Or gotten you riled up? How many times have you gotten good advice or had him answer a question about Sarracenia? How many of you have received plant material? How many times have you shaken your head and said "That's guy's crazy!" lol

The "giving ethic" runs rampant on this forum. And sometimes, that ethic doesn't apply just to plants and seeds. It means giving of yourself in other ways when a friend needs it. From time to time, our members need to know they are important to the community.

I hope you all will take the few minutes needed to get an envelope, write a note and drop it in the mail. Don't want to write? Buy a card! Feeling creative? MAKE a card! Got some plant pics? Print 'em out and send them! Anything...just to let Bugweed know that we miss him here, we are thinking about him...we love him!

Bug's address is:

Steve Millar
    Bugweed Farms
    4376 Arthur Road
    Martinez, CA 94553-1408

Don't put off til tomorrow what you can do today! I know Bug would greatly appreciate hearing from his friends...knowing that he isn't forgotten in his time of need.

Thanks to all of you who will put forth this effort for Bug.

I don't know about you, but...I suuuure do miss him here.

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'll write a letter and send it out tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PAK any clue whats wrong with his 'puter? couple of us hae graveyards we could prolly come up with parts
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure...and the problem is, we can't get hold of him to see what's going on with him or the computer. This is why snailmail might be our only way of making some contact.

The last time I talked to him, he was very upset and had a major life-changing situation facing him. Also at that time, I know he was having problems with his monitor fading in and out. I don't know if the monitor died or his whole CPU. I don't know what his situation is as of the present either personally or computer-ly.

THANK YOU to everyone who sends something to Bug. I think it will cheer him up.

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How expensive do you think one of those Giant Pink gorillas that go to peoples houses? Does any one know the number of one in Cali?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol Giant pink gorillas?? I've never seen one of those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    like the guys in the giant suits? Im sure they have other things, too but IVe only seen gorrilas... and a pink one would be sweet. Either way Im sure that would brighten up his day tremendously!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure he'd appreciate anything anyone might send his way.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast