What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all Caring CP Lovers

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi Everybody

As most of you know, our dear Bugweed has been MIA for quite a while.  He is going through a very difficult time.  It is also my understanding that his computer is broken so he is cut off from all his CP friends in a time when he needs support.

I'm sure the vast majority of you have been through stressful times yourself.  And I'm sure you know how much it means to you to have your friends' love and support surrounding you.  Since Buggie isn't around, we can't show that to him here.

So...I was thinking maybe we could each send Bug a note, a card...anything...by snailmail (YES! Snailmail!) so that he will be aware how much we miss him.

How many times has Bugweed made you laugh? Or gotten you riled up?  How many times have you gotten good advice or had him answer a question about Sarracenia?  How many of you have received plant material?  How many times have you shaken your head and said "That's guy's crazy!"  lol  
laugh.gif

The "giving ethic" runs rampant on this forum.  And sometimes, that ethic doesn't apply just to plants and seeds.  It means giving of yourself in other ways when a friend needs it.  From time to time, our members need to know they are important to the community.

I hope you all will take the few minutes needed to get an envelope, write a note and drop it in the mail.  Don't want to write?  Buy a card!  Feeling creative?  MAKE a card!  Got some plant pics?  Print 'em out and send them!  Anything...just to let Bugweed know that we miss him here, we are thinking about him...we love him!

Bug's address is:

Steve Millar
Bugweed Farms
4376 Arthur Road
Martinez, CA 94553-1408

Don't put off til tomorrow what you can do today!  I know Bug would greatly appreciate hearing from his friends...knowing that he isn't forgotten in his time of need.

Thanks to all of you who will put forth this effort for Bug.

I don't know about you, but...I suuuure do miss him here.  
smile_h_32.gif

i'll write a letter and send it out tomorrow.

PAK any clue whats wrong with his 'puter? couple of us hae graveyards we could prolly come up with parts

I'm not sure...and the problem is, we can't get hold of him to see what's going on with him or the computer.  This is why snailmail might be our only way of making some contact.

The last time I talked to him, he was very upset and had a major life-changing situation facing him.  Also at that time, I know he was having problems with his monitor fading in and out. I don't know if the monitor died or his whole CPU. I don't know what his situation is as of the present either personally or computer-ly.

THANK YOU to everyone who sends something to Bug.  I think it will cheer him up.

How expensive do you think one of those Giant Pink gorillas that go to peoples houses? Does any one know the number of one in Cali?

lol Giant pink gorillas?? I've never seen one of those.

like the guys in the giant suits? Im sure they have other things, too but IVe only seen gorrilas... and a pink one would be sweet. Either way Im sure that would brighten up his day tremendously!

I'm sure he'd appreciate anything anyone might send his way.
smile.gif

i alredy have the letter prepared. i wrote it last night
biggrin.gif

Alex

I'll send out a lil letter. Why not?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
smile.gif

You never know when you perform "a random act of kindness", when one will bounce back to YOU when you are in need!

biggrin.gif

I still remember with great fondness, the time that I met Bugweed at his home and he showed me his collection. I'll be sure to write him a letter and let him know that we miss him. I know we've got a lot of puter parts lying around the house, and I can ask him if I can help him in that department...

BTW- PAK I love how you include "Bugweed Farms" in the address.
laugh.gif

Oh god my closet is PC junkyard central. I could prolly make 5 or 6 of them just with the old parts in there. If Bugs needs PC parts that is no problem at all.

Wooh, just put my letter in the mail.
smile.gif
I let him know that we're rootin' for him.

Heck, I think I've got a monitor, maybe two lying around. Hopefully Bug'll make use of us if he needs us!

Thanks again, Pak, for making this topic- I've been thinkin' about him!
smile.gif

I'll get a letter out to him tomorrow!

Thank you all! The only reason I urge you to be quick about it is...he MIGHT not be in his house for that much longer. There was some mention of him selling his house so...I don't know if its up for sale, sold or what. I would like him to get these notes while he he still has an address to receive them.

YAY! Bugweed is gonna GET MAIL!
biggrin.gif

Mine went out today!

AAACCKK I missed this topic when it was first posted. So I will write him a letter and get it out tomorrow. I am glad I cought it today. Thank PAK for his address. I have been wonderin whats been going on with that grey beard man who comes up with some of the strangest things! He need some cheering up!

Letter is written and in the envelope with a stamp on it. Its going out tomorrow ASAP.

Mine is going out tonite. I made him a card. On the outside is a photo of my S. 'Leah Wilkerson'....and on the front it says "And Oh for the Want of a BUG, the Plant(akiss) did Wither Away!"

On the inside I put:

I’ve scoured the fields,
I’ve up-rooted rocks,
I’ve looked where the path did lead.
But nowhere, oh nowhere
Have I been able to find
My dearest of friends, Bugweed.

I’ve looked up to the sky,
I’ve yelled down to the sea,
I’ve screamed mightily into the wind.
But nowhere, oh nowhere
Have I been able to find
Bugweed who is my dear friend!

I’ll look to the west,
I’ll look to my heart,
I’ll keep him always in mind.
And somewhere, oh somewhere,
My dearest Bugweed,
Your friendship again I will find!
___

Well I hope this mail will cheer him up and let him know he's not forgotten.
smile.gif

Back