Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scientology, sensitive topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I can't cotton too much to any "religion" that believes in "silent birth". I'm quite sure it was a man who came up with THAT rule. Try pushing a watermelon out your nose and see if you can do it silently. :eyeroll:
    i got a laugh out of that. my wife said she would go for it but she would need to have a firm grip of my..................um.........you get the idea, i informed her there is no way i would be silent during the process, atleast until i blacked out

i find scientology entertaining at most. iz not to big on organized religion period though
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Aug. 22 2006,8:36)]I can't cotton too much to any "religion" that believes in "silent birth". I'm quite sure it was a man who came up with THAT rule. Try pushing a watermelon out your nose and see if you can do it silently. :eyeroll:
    LOL! Suzanne, take a look at the audience - young, male, mostly unmarried...

Must have been quite an epidural!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, i was expecting "oh i respect their beliefs etc etc" lmao, not "bunch of crap!" lmao!

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had one of their "audits" way back when I was a young kid in my early twenties. They attempted to use hypnosis on me to get me to relax for the "audit". While I'll admit to being naive, innocent, etc back then, one thing I wasn't was stupid. I recognized their "relaxation" technigue and wasn't very cooperative. If I wanted psychoanalyzed, I'd have it done by a professional who is recognized in his field. I have avoided them like the plaque they are ever since. How a man as intelligent as L. Ron Hubbard was could creat such a mockery as Scientology is beyond me
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Aug. 21 2006,10:57)]how can any one beleive this? Its like a cartoon!
    That should probably be our gut response to a lot of religions, but when they stick around for centuries they have a way of dulling our senses as we get used to them.

This religion is fresh and new so the silliness of it is still sharp.

The fact that this one was probably started by someone who didn't actually believe it certainly compounds the silliness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]How a man as intelligent as L. Ron Hubbard was could creat such a mockery as Scientology is beyond me
    Oh, that's easy: while the rumor that he created it as part of a bet with another sci-fi author to see who could make $1 million first is untrue, there are multiple, independent sources quoting multiple instances in which Hubbard stated that he intended or desired to make a religion soley as a profit-making business.

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol it does sound like the kinda thing someone would create on a bet.........."bet you cant get a million ppl to believe in this BS"..........."watch me! ppl are gulible"

LMAO!
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is Scientology any more absurd than any other religion? Take Christianity, for example. Plenty of little kids have a hard time believing their mother had sex. Christians worship someone who reached adulthood still refusing to accept it. And they doubt his mother did too!?!
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast