What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Annual NECPS Show!

schloaty

Staff member
Hi All,

This is a preliminary announcement that the NECPS will be having their fourth annual show Oct. 14th & 15th at the Rodger Williams Park greenhouse in Providence, RI.

Hope to see lots of you there!

Sweet... I missed out last year. I'll be sure and be there this year.

The next NECPS meeting this month will be devoted to the final details of planning the show. If there are any NECPS members who would like to volunteer for a show project, please let me know.

man if i can pay for my ticket and get some one to go with me AND not be in school....then im going!

It is a two-day show on Saturday and Sunday, so you should have the no school part covered. I hope you can make it.

Glider, Kahnli, hope you two can make it.

Kah, you can replace that stolen capensis.....with several.
smile.gif

Just an update on the NECPS Show. Updates can also be obtained by visiting the NECPS Yahoo Group at: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/NECPS/

It will be held on Saturday October 14 11am-4pm, and Sunday October 15 10am-3pm. Setup for the show will begin at 7:30am on Saturday if anyone is willing to help!

The show will NOT be held at the greenhouses at Roger Williams Park, Providence, RI, as they have been in the past due to the greehouses being unavailable. Much progress was made at yesterday's meeting regarding and we should know by Wednesday of this week where it will be held.

I'll post more information as it becomes available.

Hope to see all of you there!

Ken
NECPS Secretary

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chloroplast @ Sep. 10 2006,10:06)]The show will NOT be held at the greenhouses at Roger Williams Park, Providence, RI, as they have been in the past due to the greehouses being unavailable.
will it still be in RI?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kahnli @ Sep. 11 2006,7:28)]will it still be in RI?
Yes, it will be. It looks like the University of RI has some space we can use, but we will update this thread once the location is definite.

Update!

Here is the official press release & the flyer.

NECPSannouncement.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Contact: John Phillip, Jr
401~782~4458
Cell: 401~741~7825
johnatthebeach@cox.net

For Immediate release: September 15, 2006

The Fourth Annual Fall Carnivorous Plant Show
Sponsored by the New England Carnivorous Plant Society

Narragansett RI: The New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) will once again be hosting a Carnivorous Plant show, this year at the greenhouses of the University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI. Plant lovers and those who enjoy something different will be able to view close up some of the hundreds of carnivorous plants that grow in the world, exhibited by the members of the NECPS. Pitcher plants from Malaysia the size of softballs, capable of eating lizards and mice, Sundews from Australia from the size of a dime to 12+ inches high, Venus Fly traps of all sizes, and Carnivorous Plants that grow locally in New England are just some of the plants that were displayed at last years show, and will be on display again.

There will be a Venus Fly Trap feeding area where the public can watch close up how these plants devour insects, and hundreds of plants from around the world to view and enjoy. Vendors will be on hand with plants and accessories for sale, along with plants offered by the NECPS. Society members will be available all day to explain how the plants feed, what they eat, where they live, and how they can be grown and enjoyed at home. The public will be able to vote for the “People’s Choice Award” for the top plant at the show, and all votes will be entered in a contest for free plants!

Date and time: Saturday, October 14, 2005
11:00 AM till 4:00 PM
and
Sunday, October 15, 2005
10:00 AM till 3:00 PM

Behind the Cooperative Extension Building
Kingston, RI

Entrance Fee: $3.00 per person children under 4 admitted free
$1.00 for URI Students

For additional information about this exciting upcoming event, please visit www.NECPS.org
Or send an email to johnatthebeach@cox.net, or call John Phillip at 401~741~7825

The New England Carnivorous Plant Society
PO box 606
Saunderstown, RI 02874

I was just searching for that info

More information is now posted on www.necps.org which also includes a link to directions to the greenhouses at URI.

Dionaea feeding station. Perfect. Whats better that a botanical petting zoo?

Would the NASC group be interested in having a display at the show? I have some brochures, but if someone want to send other literature, membership forms, etc., we could make the information available to people who will visit. I know some NECPS members are also NASC members.

I had a nightmare last night that I forgot to go to the show!! But then in my dream, I remembered it was Sunday, too, and was so relieved!

Trust me...you will be very sad if you miss this!!
smile_n_32.gif

-Emily, CP nut and URI alumna

Bump

I wish it wasnt during school otherwise I would probably make it.

They need to do it in like early fall, b4 most schools start..

Jerks!
(just kidding)

Bump Again.

Just a few days away....

Oh man I'd do anything to go, maybe one day.

-Jeremiah-

Back