What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is San Francisco in the summer.

• Thread starter Capslock
  • Start date
San Francisco weather

We have business visitors out from Korea and they can't understand why it's so cold in California!
smile.gif

Capslock

I would absolutely loveliving in S.F.! That's perfect weather for me. I'll take your 60's & 70's temps during the summer, any day. Even in Buffalo, our average daily high, at the peak of summer, is 81 degrees. That's `10 degrees past my point of comfortability.

Geez Jim...you'd never survive in VA. lol Its been up in the mid-90s here almost every day and a couple of weeks ago it was 100-102. Plus all the lovely humidity.
smile.gif

How come it IS so cold there in SF? Its CALIFORNIA! lol Because of the Bay?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Aug. 25 2006,8:59)]Geez Jim...you'd never survive in VA.  lol  Its been up in the mid-90s here almost every day and a couple of weeks ago it was 100-102.  Plus all the lovely humidity.
smile.gif

How come it IS so cold there in SF?  Its CALIFORNIA!  lol  Because of the Bay?
Nope, I'd never survive in the South! If I'm not mistaken, SF gets the Ocean breezes, for the most part. But once in a while they get an easterly flow and it can be like 94. Yiiicchhh!

Heh, here in Texas we are on our 17th day of 100+ degree weather. It was even 101 degrees on the one day it rained
smile_h_32.gif
I love Texas but its just too hot. I wish we had weather like yours.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]How come it IS so cold there in SF? Its CALIFORNIA! lol Because of the Bay?

The being so close to water makes a pretty huge difference. When I compare where I live (Aptos, CA only moments from the beach) to just about an hour's drive inland the differences are pretty extreme. Here in Aptos we have mediterranean climate (never really realized it until about a year ago) whereas inland it's scorching or freezing.

Caps, we've got a nice overcast day here, too. Sun's breaking through a bit. 'Round these parts, the weather can change with a snap of the finger when the fog rolls in or burns off.

ugh the only part of San Fran i don't like is the weather! too chilly!

And where is this Truckee I keep reading about in the weather secrion? I wanna live there!

Truckee is about 3 hours North of San Francisco. Its NorthWest of Lake Tahoe. Very far inland compared to SF, but the weather there is generally pretty nice. (I think it snows there, but I'm not sure)

Truckee is mountain country! It's 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, and boy does it get snow! Here's a couple pics from my place in Truckee from a couple years ago: (those are my greyhounds, too!)

681597af.jpg

Tahoedogs.jpg

In my part of texas we're easily on the 30th day of 100+ this summer.
CopcarFC-what part of texas are you in?

We went to CA for summer, and drove through the desert, where temps reached 116 degrees!

-Ben

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Aug. 25 2006,9:34)]Truckee is mountain country! It's 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, and boy does it get snow! Here's a couple pics from my place in Truckee from a couple years ago: (those are my greyhounds, too!)

681597af.jpg

Tahoedogs.jpg
Ah...... white stuff!
smile.gif

Those aren't buses!

One thing I thought was interesting, and an obvious relection as to how climatically diverse California is, is that on occasion, the continental high for the day could be in Needles and the low could easily be Truckee.

Outside of CA, (during the summer) the high usually rotates between Bullhead, Gunnison, Gila Bend, and McAllen.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lithopsman @ Aug. 25 2006,10:01)]In my part of texas we're easily on the 30th day of 100+ this summer.
CopcarFC-what part of texas are you in?
For all I know we could be on our 30th 100+ day. I think the heat is starting to get to me. I don't even want to look outside its so hot. Its a shame when your overnight lows are in the 95+ range.

Anyway I'm here in (South) Dallas burning to a crisp. What part of this Hell are you in?

After the hottest and sunniest July on record (highest temperature 36.5C/97.7F), August has been a complete contrast
smile_l_32.gif

Max today: 65F
Min: 54F

Yet that combination of heat & humidity is Dallas' most endearing quality.  Other NFL teams travel up to a few hundred miles to find a tolerable place for training camp, but the Cowboys realize a few hundred miles isn't far enough and go all the way to California.

No way, I'm in fort worth! Have the paper sitting next to me, let me type something out:
For the 24th out of 25 days this month, temps reached 100 degrees at D/FW airport on Friday. August now ranks No. 8 all time for most 100 degree days in a month. The only day it wasnt at least 100 was august 7 when it was a cool 94. Overall average: 102.5..

Anyways, ever go to any mavericks games?

Cool, I guess that makes use neighbors. I havent been to any games in a long time. Every now and then I go down to Kennedale to race. Thats the closest I've ever been to Fort Worth.

What are you doing to deal with this heat?

Not much of anything.. Just going about daily life. It RAINED today!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Kennedale as in motorsports ranch? You have a tricked RX7? We need to get in touch!

Thank GOD it rained today!! I was jumping for joy when I saw some lightning
smile.gif
I was at a shop getting my exhaust done and everyone there was like WOOHOO RAIN!!!

Finally temps got down into the 70's!! lol I was outside ALL DAY! Its been so long since I could really get out during the day.

Back