Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Depot Self Checkout

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made up a little disclaimer sign I'd like to perch on the self checkout stations. It reads:

Hi, my name is Sibyl. I have 16 personalities, and most of them are unpleasant. Your kid is the "unexpected item in the bagging area". Pay no attention to me as I am blind, deaf, and dumb. You'd never know if that I am a glorified scale, since there are no signs to indicate as such. I don't live in reality and haven't a clue as to whether you are stealing anything or not. Trust me.... no cashiers lost their jobs to me, since I obviously can't function without them! Please take your change and thank you for shopping at the Home Depot!

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LOL! I take it your kid was hanging around the bagging area? As far as I know... All self checkout places use this... I found out the 1st time i ever used a self checkout, and i scanned my soda and set it to the side to drink instead of putting it in the bag (this was a grocery store not STUPID home depot. (wife works for Lowes LOL!!!) ..)
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember the first time the wife and I used one at Kroger. Took us forever to scan things. Its not as easy as it looks! Then had a few time where we had the unexpected item in the bagging area for no reason, and then of course the Large items that must skip the bagging area. LOL Sometimes these things are more trouble than they are worth. Oh and don;t try to buy beer through one of these things. You still have to wait for the cashier to come and ok it. LOL Save time? Year right.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's too funny !! My wife hates these things and I love them. Let me pack all that stuff up and I can do it in 3 double bags. That's why the put eggs in a carton, so you can stack stuff on them.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will second droseraguy, I love them too. There's always a smaller line and I can usually finish faster than a cashier would (taking 'friendly chatter' and 'informational chatter' time into account). I use them weekly when food shopping and only had a problem once; earlier this year the coupon sucker needed emptied. The best part: I don't have to deal with people!*

I just wish they would put faster processors in the darn things.

* Disclaimer: I'm not anti-social; I really like dealing with good retail workers. The problem is management won't fire the bad ones in most places so only one out of twenty is anything short of offensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a bad experience with the robo-checkout at Wal Mart. Took me 5 minutes to figure out how to get the stupid thing to LET ME PAY.

I think Kroger has kept the secret of good robo-checkout for themselves.
    The Best Part About Being a Sociopath is Never Having to Say You're Sorry.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Push the "Pay Now" button on the touch screen. hehehe
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I look at this way, if you know to play the game - it's easy. Trouble is, there's a learning curve involved and a lot of people don't wanna be bothered by it. Most of the people over 50 are convinced that some cashier is out of a job by the thing. Still, IMO, it's more trouble than it's worth.

Andrew; What does Deangela do at Lowes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast