What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A hobby a serial killer would have?

So, a recent female acquaintance told me, upon seeing my carnivorous plant collection, "That seems like a hobby a serial killer would have."

smile_k_ani_32.gif

Yea Ive heard that too

Cut up the people and put their meat in youre nepenthes, and Then get some dart Frogs, and Grind up the Bones into an organic calcium like substance to sprinkle on youre dart frogs crickets eery now and then.

Well, there was that one guy who not too long ago (a half year or so, maybe) who shot up a bunch of his church members and then killed himself- he grew CPs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ Aug. 31 2006,4:36)]Well, there was that one guy who not too long ago (a half year or so, maybe) who shot up a bunch of his church members and then killed himself- he grew CPs.
I remember that.

Wasn't he a member of this forum, as well?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Wasn't he a member of this forum, as well?

I don't believe so. If he was, then I don't think he was a frequenter.

He was a member of the listserv. I responded to his post before.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Aug. 31 2006,3:15)]So, a recent female acquaintance told me, upon seeing my carnivorous plant collection, "That seems like a hobby a serial killer would have."

smile_k_ani_32.gif
How else do you think I dispose of the bodies?

My plants alway look great in my pictures don't they?

That kind of response doesn't surprise me! Although when I tell people I grow CPs, their first reaction is that of shock. Often they don't believe me! Haha!

After I tell them that it isn't a joke and that I've been growing them for a long time they end up being really curious and interested, so many times I'll spend a good ten minutes giving them a crash course in CPs.
cool.gif

After I tell them that it isn't a joke and that I've been growing them for a long time they end up being really curious and interested, so many times I'll spend a good ten minutes giving them a crash course in CPs.

you to? mine got invited to a summer school program after which i was informed i would be getting calls to appear in front of elementary science classes this fall
smile_n_32.gif

Haah, no one has ever told me that. Though I eagerly await the opportunity to weird someone out in the even it does come up. >
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ Aug. 31 2006,5:07)]How else do you think I dispose of the bodies?

My plants alway look great in my pictures don't they?
Oh, I wish I had thought to say that!

Why does a mental image of a capensis bog and disappearing pets come to mind?
smile_m_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

that is awesome and funny. great way to intrigue people- unless you're trying to hook up with em or something that is.
biggrin.gif

The people who make that comment don't know about CPs at all. They think of these plants as "flesh eating animal-plant creatures", constantly hungry for meat. Sadly that's how the media portrays Carnivorous Plants.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vftgrrl @ Sep. 01 2006,2:23)]The people who make that comment don't know about CPs at all. They think of these plants as "flesh eating animal-plant creatures", constantly hungry for meat. Sadly that's how the media portrays Carnivorous Plants.
That and the musical comedy / horror movie with some SNL folks hasn't put a positive spin on the plants. "Feed me Seymore!"

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Sadly that's how the media portrays Carnivorous Plants.

Sadly that's how the media portrays everything. They want to show the extreme on everything so it makes a better story. The truth never comes into play.

My favorite thing to tell people is that I have plants that have been known to catch, kill, and digest monkeys, rats and birds.

When I use to sell cp's, I always got the dumbest questions.

The most popular was, Do you have one that will take care of my wife/husband or kids.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Sep. 01 2006,2:52)]When I use to sell cp's, I always got the dumbest questions.

The most popular was, Do you have one that will take care of my wife/husband or kids.
Um.... I'm thinking that those folks, if not smiling, may have a few issues to work out. Ya know?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Yes, but don't we all?

I get spam from my brother in law, nearly everyday. Here is one that arrived in Wednesday's Email:

BY LOOKING AT A PICTURE OF A PERSON, YOU HAVE TO DECIDE IF HE IS A COMPUTER >GEEK OR A SERIAL KILLER.

GO WITH YOUR GUT FEELING AND CLICK ON YOUR CHOICE. THERE ARE 10 PHOTOS. >YOUR SCORE WILL BE GIVEN AT THE END.

BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR SCORE IN THE SUBJECT LINE (LIKE I DID) AND FORWARD >THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

Click link below to start:

Serial Killer Quiz

Back