Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stolen plant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I thought I'd bring a Capensis home and leave it on my porch to enjoy. The neighbors admired it and loved it. A week later... gone. Easy to replace but...
    Sturgeon's Law:
    "Nothing is always absolutely so".

http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jerk faces, they should shove it up their nose! Thats what they Want you to think!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, it's sad because I know anyone who took it knows not how to care for it.
    Sturgeon's Law:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im sure its a 1 in like 200/300 chance that people will know and or care how to care for it.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (kahnli @ Sep. 01 2006,11:18)]yeah, it's sad because I know anyone who took it knows not how to care for it.
    I hear ya. That's exactly what I felt and said when I had a few Nep cuttings sitting on a fence, on the front porch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to start a new topic about the new capensis I found just sitting there on a New Haven porch, but it seems to fit here.

Just about all my plants are within 20 ft of the sidewalk and some of the best are within reach of anyone walking by. I stand on the sidewalk to water the three largest Neps, for instance. The best combination of growing conditions in my little yard is there, so my alternatives are to either risk having plants stolen or to not have them at all. As far as I know, no plants have ever "walked away". A couple bromeliads have disappeared at work, but if I didn't take them all to work for the winter I couldn't have them at all.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odd, this plant theft...

I was downtown at the market last week and they were selling "money trees", them little 5-leaved thingies, when I said aloud "Wait a minute... WE had one of them"
    Sure enough, HAD was the right word... Last I saw it, it was on the front porch... since we get pretty high winds sometimes, I figured it had fallen into one of our hostas or something, but after searching for it, nothing...
    I had bought it as a tiny rooted cutting or something, for a dollar in one of them 1" pots and kept it sorta bonsai, it only had maybe 3 "branches"

Kinda bums me out, mostly cos I can't for the life of me imagine who would take such a thing.. my only theory is that some stupid kid thought it was a pot plant.. I hope whoever it was smoked it and went to the hospital, THEN got their hide tanned (or grounded HARD) for their trouble

And I hope you can find another D.capensis, shouldn't be too hard but replacing stuff you should still have kinda stinks
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (mabudon @ Sep. 02 2006,10:28)]And I hope you can find another D.capensis, shouldn't be too hard but replacing stuff you should still have kinda stinks
    oh, it was just an extra "narrow" form that I had at the greenhouse. I figured I'd bring home for people to enjoy... that'll learn me.
    Sturgeon's Law:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast