What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Bog

I had been holding out on buying a bog for a while, Right? Well Finaly the time has come.

Drinking and driving is bad
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/alaskaheadbanger/8d83a0e0.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/alaskaheadbanger/995ea016.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/alaskaheadbanger/8704207f.jpg

JUST Kidding, I acutaly was up early in the morning (second week of school) and I thought The Gas was the break. and well, yea. Im fine The hostas dead (YAY it was all the same green boring hosta)!

the only thing that happend that was Bad Was that all that nice nutrient rich soil that my peppers were in, Got spilled all over my CP's! and they are now coverd in it! *Yuck* so Now im going to go get a Bog tomorrow Clean up that area, dig a hole and put the bog in it.

I actualy had a dream about this. Really weird.

But Really Ive learned 2 things

1- Im gonna be more catous and drink coffee and lots of mountain dew in the morning

2- Im going to not put my CP's so close cause this isnt the only close call, a while back my moms boy friend backed up into a row of pots Just snaped a few S. piscatina pitchers.. they are fine and made it.

OH well you can acutaly see some of my Cp's in one of the bottom right pictures.

*Sigh*

Wish Me Luck! Cant Wait to hear what you guys have to say. Ill post pictures of the Finished Job! I wasnt sure where to put this cause its kinda a double hitter for Bog/Stupid Driver Tricks aka general discusions.

If I was more like a cowboy, I would probably be awake and more cohearant in the mornings, Right ozzy?

Umm I'm still trying to figure out how in the Heck you got the car in that position without messing up the fence.  Also trying to figure out how long you have been driving?  I have had a few too many once or twice and drove.  I know I know.  I have been younger and been other things as well, but I have yet to mistake the brake for the gas and the gas for the brake.  Even with a stick. I look forward to seeing your bog, but I would hate to see your new insurance premiums. How did you manage to do that? The car just looks like it slid there sideays and not a backing insident. Man I would hate to be the one trying to explain that one to the police officer.

ha. that stinks. i drove around my neighbor hood last week. didnt run into anything. i was happy
smile.gif
. we have this new law here in kentucky(dont know if its in other states). when we are 16 we get our permit. sixmonths later we get this thing called an intermediet license. this is just like a license except you cant have more than one person below 18 in the car(i think) and we have a 11:00pm cerfue. 6 months later we finally get our full license...
mad.gif
oh well
Alex

Ive had my Liscence for about 2 and half weeks. You can get youre temp's at 15 1/2 and Liscence at 16. But have to have 50 hours of driving day, 10 night, and 10 hours with a driving instructor, and 24 hours in a Driving School.

It was my yard, and My moms boy friend got it off. it really was fine and is driving. I feelt so akward cause all my mom and her boy friend could do is laugh. But they were just glad that I didnt destroy the house the car or my self.

Ok Theirs a shed that you see in most of the picture right? Well theirs a siding that hangs of so that the Car can sit under it, and I back out into the drive way up near the grage, and then put it into drive, And Sence I took it a little bit wider than usual, and I Mistaked the Gass for the break when I was right up to it.. and well, Dodges have good turning radius.

The insurance is the same as I dont think my mom reported it. Cause All that really happend was a hand sized dent.

hehe, don't feel bad. i was driving the golf cart like it was a 4-wheeler and flipped it on my dog with my friend landing on top of me.....

LOL well, I can;t say much really I totalyed my first car a little more than a month after getting my license. I;m 27 now and this was when I was 16. We got our full license at 16 and lerners permit at 15. Things have changed now with the intermediate license and no car full of kids runle. Oh and there is a law here in Ga that if your under 21 and cout doing 24 miles or over the limit they revokle your license for 6 months. LOL I have had to deal with that one too. At 19 I was cought doing 24 miles over and lost them for 6 months. SO I can't really talk about what happened to you. I was just raggin ya.

biggrin.gif

I know its all good, we all have to make stupid drivers tricks some time

So Earlyer I thought I was gonna go get the bog stuff, and what not but my mom didnt realize that all that nice fertalized soil will kill my plants, so instead of buying the bog I have to buy more pots that will eventualy go to waste... well maybe not THey might hold some dews or heli's or Ceph's sooner or later
cool.gif

Oh the stories I could tell about when I first got my license, and a few before I got them.
I did the same thing you did. In NC you have drivers education in high school. I was driving with the instructor and I was pulling into a parking space in front of a Burger King. I mistaked the gas for the break and the car jumped forward straight torwards the building. The instructor and I both hit the brake at the same time. Luckily we stopped before we hit anything.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If I was more like a cowboy, I would probably be awake and more cohearant in the mornings, Right ozzy?

If you we're like me you would have done that with a train instead of a car.

psssh i'm almost 17 and don't even have my learner's permit yet..

All the plants are potted and in for a night of good ole rain.
I went through about 25 Gallons of water to clean up my mess, and to make soil and clean out the pots and what not.

*geesh Im gonna need an R/O if I do this bog*

Ok, So Im Half Way done!

Ground Breaking! (Well not really, I had to dig up a bunch of hosta and pull back the garden fabric)
PICT1023.jpg

Fitting the Bog in, it was close but not all the way in.
PICT1027.jpg

The Bricks around it, Set in just needs some Gravel wich im rinsing out and stuff, and putting in (3 bags of it) and then Mixing the peat will be tough!!!
laugh.gif

PICT1029.jpg

The Thing I like about this spot, is the Sun, Sets, and will be on the bog preaty much all day. (They were acutaly right near the flower bed)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Sep. 10 2006,6:37)]
PICT1023.jpg
I thought at first you had some hella big squirrels in your yard. I gotta quit reading the pics first.
confused.gif

Nice looking bog. I'd like to put one similar to that in my front yard but I'm not sure what I'd do with the rocks I'd dig up.

Steve use themaround for decoration.

nepenthes_ak Nice looking bog. Keep up updated on things as they progress please! Way to go. I would love to add one to my plave once things settle down.

Josh, The rocks arouond here are the sly sneaky kind. They hide all but a couple inches of the rock showing above ground. It's not until you try to dig it out that you find it is the size of a VW bug. My yard has several like that just a few inches under the grass. I have one that's 2'H × 3'W × 4'L sitting in my front yard because it kept rolling out of the bucket on the Bobcat/skidloader when they tried to load it up to haul off. It's now a yard "accent". Florida has plastic pink flamingos. Colorado has big rocks
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif
, I ran into that problem it was about 5 inches of rock, and that 5 inches was what I needed to get through for it to be done, but dont you know after I pased that 5 inches, it turned back into Sub soil. (the clayey stuff)

Cheers

Its finnished!
laugh.gif

But... the Photo bucket is down for emergency matinence!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
I just got the bog done... I cant wait for the sphagnum to fill in and what not.. I need to drill holes along the sides yet...

i must poke fun at you... i just simply can't resist the urge.

1. dictionary.com is a great site.
2. what was you mom/dad's reaction?
3. that is a great looking bog. i'm jealous.

biggrin.gif

I know, I really need to work on my spelling, I'm rather lazy, but can be good with vocabulary when I want to be. I think the terra forums should get a Spell cheker!

My Mom and her boyfriend laughed, but were glad I wasnt hurt and every thing except for the hosta wasnt hurt, but we wanted the hosta dead any ways!

I just e-mailed my dad actualy. I dont know what his reaction was.

I havent seen youre poor cat in awhile!

Back