What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

President bush has been shot

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
Well Ozzy,  There is no hard feelings here.  You have every right to your opinion, but as I see it liberals have taken more rights away from the general public than the republicans.  Thay are the ones who give more rights to the criminals than the republicans.  As far as I am concerned once you are convicted you have no rights till you do your time.  I cannot see why everyone is so concerned about this patriot act.  There is not enough man power NOR computer power to listen into EVERY phone call in the US.  They are concentrating on international calls and calls of suspected targets.  I have spoken with an intelgence anylist that works out at the same gym I do.  He wasn't able to go into any details on what he listens to, but he did say there is no way they can listen to every call and everyone is so darn paranoid.  I don't like my rights taken away either, but I am not worried about NSA wiretapping.  Any one single person unless your truely doing something wrong over the phone has nothing to worry about from the NSA.

Yes I do feel killing a bomber or assasin before they do harm to someone is called for and justified, but I do not feel Bush is one of those people.  I respect your opinion, but I have to kindly disagree.

True he may have laxed some laws, but you have to look.  The president can't do anything by himself.  He has to have the congress to do anything.  Congress has all the power in Washington.  Not the president.  No one part of government can do anyting without the other.

Now you have to be nieve to think that the phat cats that suport the liberals in office do not get rich when a Dem is in office.  Granted Bush is an oil guy and his VP was CEO of halliburton, but if they really were still involved with them don't you think someone would have busted that wide open by now?  This is not the 50's and 60's where information didn't flow as freely as it does now.  

I am by no means saying the guy is a saint.  Please do not think that.  He is just a crooked as any other diehard politition.  None of them are there to make a difference.  And don't go trying to say Clinton was because all that man did was create a bunch of minimum wage jobs that are slowly disapearing now.  While he was in office you had McDonalds popping up all over the place.  We had 3 in a 2 mile stretch on a main road here.  Now they have consolidated into one.  The thing is what Clinton did may look good on paper, but when you atart looking at details he is just as bad as the rest.

I don't have any answers but the fact of the mater is we are an oil depended country and till we find a sustainable alternative we have to use oil.  Now OPEC controls oil barral prices.  We have to drill in ANWAR and tap into that oil reserve if we are going to releve the oil burdon.  It can be done safely not to disturb the reserve.  We have to tap into the tar sands in Canada more.  There is enough untapped oil in the state to supply up for 80 years at our current rate of growth.  Don;t get me wrong I am all for alternatice fuels too.  We MUST spend more money in those technologies, because as it stands now you have to be rich to afford a hybred and it will take 20 years for you to reqoupe your money from the less gas it uses.  Its not economical yet for a hybred.  PLus those bateries do not last forever and are expencive to replace.  So thats not a viable option yet.  Hydrogen is not a viable opetion yet if they are getting the hydrogen from hydrocarbons (oil).  It polutes just as much as burning it would.  You also have to look as all the plastics we use.  It takes oil to make plasitc!!!  Those cheap Ziploc disposable bowl and bags all take oil to make.  All the cheap plastic uses oil.  Ruber producs if I am not mistaken take oil to produce.  Yes there is oil free methods but they are the more expencive products.  So you have to realize that oil is used EVERYWHERE and not just for fuel.

Now I was going someplace else with this post too, but I went off on the oil tangent and listening to the TV about Steve Irwin on Hanity and Colmes.  So it took me a few min to write this post and I just forgot.

I have no hard feelings towrads you either. Thanks for taking the high road. That's something I should learn to do more often.

I know we disagree about bush, and that's ok with me.
Sometimes when I talk about bush, I go overboard. It's hard for me to contain the hatred I have for that man. My honest opinion is he couldn't care less about me your you. We are nothing but pawns in his life. Stepping stones he uses to achieve his goals. He care's way more about the rich then he does the working man.

Now about Clinton, I don't know enough about politics to really reply to what you said. But I know that before Clinton took office, I could not find a job. After Clinton was elected I had no trouble getting a job. After Clinton left office, jobs were once again hard to find.
Clinton may have created low paying jobs. But we need those jobs filled. People can't expect to start out in a high paying job. You have to and should work your way up. I did.

Josh, it's refreshing to hear the opposing point of view presented well and intelligently. Nice!

But I have to point out something about the wiretapping. All of us agree we need to wiretap. The crux of the disagreement is primarily compliance with the law (the FISA restrictions) and the Constitution. The FISA restrictions, which are far from onerous, were written to avoid what happens when there is unchecked authority to wiretap. The last President to assert the exclusive authority to wiretap without a warrant was Nixon, who promptly used that authority to wiretap his political enemies, foreign AND domestic, real and perceived.

It's not that we are opposed to wiretapping. We just think there ought to be proper oversight, and that we should wiretap with proper warrants (and more importantly, the "probable cause" requirement in the Bill of Rights.) This is a controversy about oversight and lawfulness, not fighting terrorism or wiretapping.

Anyway, here's a chart of how Dems fare versus Reps on the economy:
Democrat vs. Republican

Capslock

Well you may be correct, but you also have to realize I don't like Clinton just about as much as you don't like Bush. I am the type of person that if your busted and get cought go ahead and confess. Its one thing to lie to your wife and friends and all that, but DO NOT LIE UNDER oath. I could care less he was banging Monica. To be honest if I could I might have to, But had I been cought I woudln;t have lied about it. They are all liers and many do a pretty good job at it. Just if you get cought and go under oath don;t lie about it. Any who.

Thats fine and dandy we don't agree on that man. It would kinda be boring if everyone agreed and liked the same things. We still do have something in common though. Our love of CPs. Thats why I generaly try to stay out of political conversations among friends, but sometimes my bullheadedness gets tossed in too.
smile.gif
I am a working man too, and I don't know how the president influences when people need workers and when they don't. I couldn't tell you how Clintons jobs increase worked. I can;t tell you how Bush being in office is making jobs harder to find again. I only have a basic knowledge of economics, but I knwo you have to increase workers to increas productivity blah blah blah.

You also have to look and see that it takes roughly 2 years for things to take efect. So the first two years of Clinton's terms were running off of Bush seniors doing, and the first two years of Bush's term was running off of what Clinton did. Residual affects of policies.

I have been thinking for a long time about what one of our founding fathers have said. I can;t remember which one said it, but they said we need a revolution about every 10 years. Now that may be a little soon to have one, but I do think its time for a little overhaul of our system. Termlimits for Justices, and congressmen, and the change from a 2 party system to a multi party system, and change the way things are done.

Well, if there is things being done wrong then he should pay for it. Nixon did. I however do not think there is things like that happening. I do believe in oversite because hell they all are corrupt. I do like that senator Baraco Bamma from what I have seen of him and he is a Dem. I am just not worried about getting tapped thought because there isn;t enough man power to pin pointme out if I was doing something wrong over the phones because I am too small of a fish in the see. There are far more pressing issues that need to be looked over first besides that. The medical field is going to hell in a hand basket. I wasn't aware you couldn't sue Ozzy because where I stand working in the med field its the reason everyone IS sueing that is causeing the malpractice to go sky high! That is causing some Docs to either move or stop practicing. I know we had a Neuro surgion come here from another state because he couldn't afford to pay for his malpractice innsurance. That to me is a far more pressing issue. Also Medicare. I believe we should be helping people don;t get me wrong, but we do some things to medicare patients for no reason because the family wants it done. Of course the Doc is going to do it because he doesn't want to get sued. Yet it just increases the burdon on the hospital and the doc who is getting paid less and less yet doing more and more. Some hospitals are closing because they are always loosing money. ITs because medicare keeps paying less and less and then the isurances say well since medicare pays less then thats all we are going to pay you. There are some proicedures that cost just more to do than they get paid for the surgery. So in turn that makes all the unissured and without medicare's prices go up. I can go into some of the things we do that just waste so much money, but its because the patient or the patients family wants the doc to do it. Even though its not going to help. So I feel thats a bigger issue than that and there are others issues I feel we should be spending our efforts on.

If Bush is truely abusing the power it will come out. In fact I heard on the news he may be going up for impeachment soon, for what I don't know. But it will come out and if he is abusing the power then he will pay. Our processes do work sometimes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Sep. 05 2006,2:33)]I may not agree with everythign that man has done in office, but I am sure as heck glad its him and not that retard Gore.  
I think you got your retards mixed up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Heck I doubt many of the older politicians even know how to use a computer!!!!!!!!!

How can you say that about old people...Al Gore invented the internet.  
cool.gif

Gee whiz Bruce, you just burst my bubble.

I can't say anything bad about someone who keeps us ever safe from ManBearPig.

He's super cerial!

EXCELSIOR!

Sad thing is it took me 2 times around the block of reading that to get it (and yes im talkin about the post starting this topic, b/c im just THAT LATE.. b/c im cool like that)

Back