User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moonshine encuraged by the government!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i used to make my own wine from grape juice (or fruit punch of sugar water, whatever) and yeast under the terrarium.

those were the days.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm, you can make Any kind of alcohol from any kind of organic matereal some are just better than others.

Yeast! The Mirical organism!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fungi is going to save the world! Heck its already a good anitbiotic. LOL I knew there was a reason I like fungi! Oh the power of fungi! LOL
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a very good article about Ethanol fuel in this months issue of Consumer Reports. That is about the only magazine that I really trust.
    Their basic conclusion is that it doesn't work as advertised. E-85 gives less mpg, less power, It costs more and it is not available in most states. Other than that......

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that is true. its already known that its not as efficient as oil. Its just an alternative to oil. Right now other than nuclear energy there is nothing more efficient than oil. Correct me if I am wrong someone. Hydrogen is good, but to get the amount of hydrogen we would need right now if all the cars ran of hydrogen would be to get it from hydrocarbons (oil) So then why not just burn the stuff your putting out the same pollution. Hybrids are not economical yet. Ethanol is clean burning but as you state less efficient. Less power and less MPG. Personally I like bio-diesel. I would like to see that developed more. I like hydrogen too, but we need to be more efficient at gathering hydrogen. The ultimate would be getting little mini Nuclear reactors for vehicles, but then you would have every terrorist in the world trying to get the reactor to explode on someone. I just thought the news tidbit as interesting. I wish there was an alternative to oil, but at the moment nothing is really a viable option other than ethanol or Bio-diesel.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12