Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It took 6 days to arrive!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last Thursday I went to the Post Office to ship plants to two people. I was all set to send them Priority, but it was suggested that I send them First Class, since it would take the same amount of time - 2 days, maybe 3 if there wasn't enough room. Well I use these small pipette containers and figured they wouldn't be delayed another day. Well it took 6 days to get to the recipients! No comment was expressed to me as to their condition, which makes me think that they were toast. So much for saving a few bucks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NEVER believe the post office!! Everyone is sending priority mail and so they come first. First class mail waits for room. So they take longer. Thats why it takes so long to send to an APO address because EVERYONE is sending priority because it normally takes so long. The Irony of it is that it makes all the first class to APO addresses take even longer. NEVER send plants first class mail. It is going to get delayed someplace. Heck you can get free boxes to ship priority if you go to the post office website. They even ship you the boxes for free!! I just ordered a slew of them and they don't cost you a dine! So figure pay the priority price, normally 405 to maybe 5 bucks depending on location and ship in a new free box too. Looks good that way.

Sorry to hear about the plants. I hope they are OK.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good advice!
    I also use priority mail and have ordered the free boxes off the USPS website. It came in about 8 days or so.
    My post office has a 24 hour machine that will do the postage so it is convenient to send things. Average price is under $5
    peter
    Please check my website for photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/minicatt/sets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think alot of the issues arrise in the part of the country your in. For whatever reason plants seem to make it in 3-4 days for me. HOWEVER !! I am always it seems the last to receive my copy of the latest CPN from california, even our friends accross the ocean get theirs first. What's up with that ?
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh I have no clue how the post office works anymore. >_< It's so confusing.

I've never even sent a plant before because it just seems so much of a pain.

JB_OrchidGuy, mind posting the link to that site? I used to have it but they changed it or around or something and the link no longer works, but some free boxes would be quite handy.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For shipping a short distance (under a couple hundred miles), regular UPS shipping sometimes takes only one day. It depends on how close the beginning and end of the trip are to distribution centers.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The web site is www.usps.com Look for the buy stamps and shop tab. The boxes are at the store, but they are free. There is a minimum you can order. Some box sizes you have to get a min of 25 boxes. You will see.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is CPN? Is that a cp magazine?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast